Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ijma And Sunnat (Differences In Salah/Prayer)

• Ijma And Sunnat (Differences In Salah/Prayer)

Posted by Farrukh Imran on August 7, 2020 at 7:47 am

Ghamidi sahab once said k jab ijma se koi cheez muntakil hoti ha to ijma us ki tardeed bhi karta ha. Certainly namaz bhi hamain ijma or tawatur se mili ha. Now my question is jab namaz me logo ne rafa-yadain ko chora to phir ijma ne us ki tardeed q nai ki? Is se aik or question raise hota ha k agr namaz me rafa-yadain ki ijma tardeed nai kar ska to to phir ijma ki kya ahmiyat reh jati ha? Or is mamly me ijma foolproof kiyun nai ha jis tarah quran k mamaly me ha?

Umer replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ijma And Sunnat (Differences In Salah/Prayer)

Umer updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 7, 2020 at 2:36 pm

You might find these discussions useful:

Discussion 3253

Discussion 4763

Discussion 6770

Discussion 5644

• Umer

Moderator August 8, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Even if this still doesn’t make sense to you, please keep following the series on “Response to 23 Questions” by Ghamidi Sahab, according to my understanding, Hadith and Sunnah will be discussed in detail in the coming sessions Insha’Allah. Hopefully those sessions might clear the point we’re trying to purport.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 8, 2020 at 3:15 pm

I think the need is to have the project completed where Ghamidi saab gives reasoning of almost all the Sahih hadiths in 6 Sunni books of hadith about how many of them are incorrectly labelled as Sahih and also how are they misinterpreted .. and what Prophet really meant in those hadiths.

Once that becomes clear, the debate of Sunnah and Hadith will mostly settle down .. even though those hadiths are not part of religion, but they explain the thinking/character/behavior of the Prophet and companions so it is important to clarify them.

• Umer

Moderator August 22, 2020 at 11:45 am

Farrukh Sahab! (@Farri )

you might find this discussion useful in terms of differences in Prayer/Salah in the context of Sunnah (ijma and tawatur). Please refer to the video below from 1:41:51 to 1:48:01

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register