• Umer

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 1:50 pm

“Khair-e-ummat” you mean?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Yes bhai the three best hadith

• Umer

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 1:55 pm

Kindly post the questions in an elaborate manner so that other readers can understand the topic/question and participate as well.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Ok sorry.

What does the Hadith about the three generations after the prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ ensue. Usually people use it to say we should accept their reasoning or aql above ours- and say we have not gone to that level of knowledge yet.

Could a correct interpretation be that the Hadith is just referring to their actions being pious.

Also isn’t it a bit suspicious that this hadith is quoted? Could it be a fabrication from said generation. This is just a general feeling I got

• Umer

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Since the Hadith didn’t specify in what terms Prophet (sws) used the term best. If you mull it over, it could mean many things. For example, the best generation in terms of carrying out responsibility of Shahadah and maintaining it for a considerable period of time. It could be in terms of piety as well because in the end it also talks about moral decline, the generations also deteriorated in terms of innovation in religion i.e. Bidah. The Sahaba were also called “khair-e-ummat” in the Quran, it can also be interpreted in that context as well. Let’s keep thinking I’d say.

The conclusion that “we should accept their reasoning or aql above ours- and say we have not gone to that level of knowledge yet”, I seriously find this notion contestable, this is the same mindset that stimulates the emotional side of a common Muslim without realizing the academic flaw in this reasoning because the most authentic way to follow the way of that best generation is Quran & Sunnah, because it has the most strong evidence of association with that generation.

• Umer

Moderator August 22, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Please see the answer by Ghamidi Sahab to this question in the latest reply posted by me in the following thread:

Discussion 6753

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register