Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Second Coming Of Jesus

• Second Coming Of Jesus

Posted by Taha Yasin on September 1, 2020 at 4:14 am

Allah in Holy Quran, has reprimanded the creed of Christians that Prophet Isa is the son of god. Why Allah didn’t reprimanded the Christians for their another creed that there will be a second coming of Jesus ?

Umer replied 3 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Second Coming Of Jesus

Umer updated 3 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • Faizan Ahmed

Member September 1, 2020 at 6:24 am

Allah has in several places. In surah al Imran

“I will cause you to die and take you up to my self” now if he has died, why would he come back? Scholars try to translate ‘mutawafik’ as sleep or something like that but a person dying is what it literally means.

In surah Maryam Jesus says “Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die and the day I will be raised up” same as what other prophets of God say. This was a perfect time to say ‘the day that I come back’ but he didn’t.

• Faizan Ahmed

Member September 1, 2020 at 6:27 am
  • Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 6:56 am

Thanks, but my question is the way Allah clearly reprimanded Christians for their creed that prophet Isa is not the son of God, why he didn’t reprimand the creed of the second coming of Prophet Isa (PBUH) in clear words? The question is not whether there will be the second coming of Jesus or not. The creed that there will be the second coming of Prophet Isa (PBUH) was there with Christians just like the creed that prophet Isa is the son of God, during the time of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). So why almighty didn’t, in clear words, reprimanded this creed.

• Faizan Ahmed

Member September 1, 2020 at 7:08 am

“I will cause you to die” is pretty clear.

You also need to remember that both beliefs are not of the same value to the Christians. The entire Christian theology is based on Jesus being the son of God.

• Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 7:34 am

Agreed. But this argument is not convincing to those muslims who believe in the second coming since they rely on the prevalent meaning of ‘mutawafik’ used by other scholars. Almighty has clearly in several places clarified that prophet Isa (pbuh) is not the son of god by addressing him as ‘Jesus Son of Mary’ and in clear statements reprimanded the belief that he was son of god. There must be some reason for not addressing this issue in clear statements like the other one when Allah was aware that this belief will be carried over by the Ummah and will create fitna.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 1, 2020 at 7:38 am

Allah didn’t refute the abrogation of the shariah in Christianity either- is it correct?

• Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 7:46 am

Yes, he didn’t ( as far as i know). But how is this similar to the belief that there will be the second coming of Prophet Jesus (PBUH) which has created so much fitna in all the three Abrahamic religions. And was there any need to when Prophet Muhammad came to reinforce it?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 1, 2020 at 7:49 am

This hasn’t caused Fitna? Entire reign of all the popes? The birth of Protestantism? Obscuring the teachings of a mighty messenger of God? The simple truth is these ahadeeth are not true- they are most likely fabricated as Islam spread into Rome and gained Christian converts. It is against the entire narrative of Islam too. Please watch Abu Layth s video

• Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 7:51 am

Not in all the Abrahamic religion.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 1, 2020 at 8:01 am

Please watch the video.

How much fitna should it cause to have a special mention in the Quran? Do you have a scale?

• Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 8:07 am

Please share the link I will definitely watch. It’s not about hadith. My question is not in reference to hadith but Quran. I am convinced by Ghamidi sb’s arguments but many aren’t and unlike us, Christians believe that Prophet Jesus (PBUH) will come again on the day of Judgement and he will judge the deeds of the living and the dead, not God. There must be a reason why this shirk (if this can be called so) has not been addressed in the Quran or sahih hadith in clear words.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 1, 2020 at 8:51 am

The video has been shared above.

Are you sure the Arab Christians had this specific belief?

• Taha Yasin

Member September 1, 2020 at 9:10 am

Not sure about this. I think you are right. I should look into when this belief was popularised among Christians and if it was a popular belief among Arab Christians or not. If anyone has any information related to this, do let me know. Thanks

• Afia Khan

Member September 1, 2020 at 8:46 am
  • Umer

Moderator November 25, 2020 at 6:42 pm

This question will be addressed in the upcoming episodes on Response to 23 Questions related to second coming of Jesus (sws).

Insha’Allah.

So stay tuned!

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2020 at 4:00 pm

This has been answered in the last episode on Second coming of Jesus (sws):

Discussion 35124 • Reply 38118

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register