Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Degrees Of Paradise Follow Up Questions

Tagged: 

• Degrees Of Paradise Follow Up Questions

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 7:41 am

When you can see people suffering in hell, I doubt that someone will be envious to those with more than them. Instead, they would be thankful to Allah for having more than those lower to them.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 7:41 am

Even when we see starving children today we envy those who are richer than us

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 7:48 am

You do? very bad!Stuck Out Tongue

Faith in God entails that when Creator says ‘There will be no repentance and no worries’ and that ‘there will be everything to gratify the eyes of Jannati people’ and ‘they will get whatever they wish for’, I think we Muslims should entrust this to Allah and strive to achieve higher degrees of Jannah here in this world instead of worrying about envious human nature in Jannah.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 7:49 am

Well I’ve never really done this exercise but I’m sure people have this feeling? 😅

I agree as a Muslim. But if someone were to point out the seeming contradiction standing outside of Islam what would we say?

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 7:58 am

This is again the same problem when we start discussing a corollary instead of addressing the main subject i.e. ‘The existence of God’, the same was the problem with question ‘Does God Lie’. These corollaries are answered themselves once you believe in God after weighing all the evidence that a human brain needs and for which evidence is available, and is something that can be discussed with someone who claims otherwise. But starting the discussion from something that comes on the second step and ignoring the base step is altogether a wrong approach to begin with.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 7:59 am

Even if we accept God and his promise it still seems like a logical issue. The thing we could say it that it’s from the mutashabihaat

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 8:02 am

Not at all, There is no Belief in God without believing in a God with innate good traits/attributes.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 8:03 am

Not the lying- the logic about the degrees in paradise

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 8:07 am

Oh yes! I agree, that is definitely a Mutashabihaat category.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 8:45 am

Sorry but could you explain? It’s not like we don’t have the vocabulary? But we do have a concept of people always wanting more

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 8:50 am

This is not what mutashabihaat means. It has nothing to do with vocabulary (not primarily). We do know the meanings of those mutshabihaat verses but we do not know their manifestation (taweel, misdaq). Meanings can be understood in the light of known vocabulary, but not their manifestation.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 8:53 am

So with degrees of paradise we just have full faith and trust that we will be satisfied? We don’t know how, and we don’t know how degrees will affect it- just that they are there somehow

• Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 8:55 am

Yes!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register