Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy God’s Knowledge And Our Actions

Tagged: ,

• God’s Knowledge And Our Actions

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on October 11, 2020 at 5:32 pm

God’s knowledge can’t be wrong. So he knew even before I existed if I will go to heaven or hell. So doesn’t that mean that I can’t go against what was in God’s knowledge? Because his knowledge existed before my intentions. So my intentions would conform with his knowledge. So does that leave any room for free will?

The example of knowing there will be a tv show tomorrow doesn’t work because my knowledge of that show isn’t absolute

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • God’s Knowledge And Our Actions

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 11, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Or is this from the things we don’t have knowledge of?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 11, 2020 at 5:38 pm

Basically is it because of me God knows something or because of God knowing something I undertake an action?

If it’s the former then God’s knowledge doesn’t seem to be eternal.

If it’s the latter then where’s the freewill?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 11, 2020 at 8:19 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 12, 2020 at 2:42 am

👍👍👍

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 12, 2020 at 11:55 am

I heard one explanation that God is actively creating all actions that are being carried out by us. But sometimes our actions don’t align with the will of God so he doesn’t allow us to do some. Eg if I want to kill someone God may cause the gun to jam.

So basically God has chosen when he will allow some of my actions to occur or not based on his will. I will only be able to do something if he wills it too.

Is this correct?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 12, 2020 at 12:22 pm

This is one opinion, and there can be others. The key is to remember that God has not given us any information in this regard.

In my personal understanding “sometimes our actions don’t align with the will of God…” forces timeless God to be thought of within the constraints of time, which is incorrect.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 12, 2020 at 12:23 pm

But the decision was eternally made by God outside of time if he would allow us to do this action or not

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 12, 2020 at 12:24 pm

I think my thought process is similar if not the same as this answer Discussion 3300 • Reply 3371

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 12, 2020 at 12:26 pm

The only question @faisalharoon sir would be that if this line of reasoning is supported by the Quran. I’m not sure if the verses I sent in the linked discussion fully support the concept

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 12, 2020 at 12:39 pm

RE Discussion 3300 • Reply 3371

That’s a valid opinion from the human perspective. Notice that I didn’t reject your explanation either. As I stated earlier, we have not been given any information regarding these matters – we are free to weigh out different opinions and form our own.

What we know with absolute certainty is that God is fully aware, He has given us free will, and has sent us to earth in order to test us. We should stick with that absolute information and form an informed opinion to fill the the gap. If and when a better opinion is presented to us, we should take that and run with it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register