Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Omnipresence Or Wahdat Ul Wajood

Tagged: ,

• Omnipresence Or Wahdat Ul Wajood

Posted by Ahsan on October 27, 2020 at 11:09 am

Among the attributes of Allah, we say Allah is omnipresent and infinite. Ghamidi sb says wahdatul wajood is wrong concept. I am unable to comprehend this. If Allah is infinite being than Allah is present in every creation too which supports Ibn-e-Arabi stance.

If i say Allah is a finite being and present above heavens then it create a dilema of a limited god.

Can you elaborate these paradoxical concept?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Omnipresence Or Wahdat Ul Wajood

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 27, 2020 at 11:16 am

I believe this is from the realms of وما اوتيتم من العلم الا قليلا. Also, the being of God is ليس كمثله شيء. We should not go after the mutashabihaat.

Realise wherever in the Quran any physical attributes are mentioned- they are to my knowledge always imagery or idioms.

Please see this: Discussion 31084 • Reply 31089

Where is the concept that God is infinite in the Quran? Out human minds can simply not grasp infinity

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 27, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Omnipresence refers to God’s knowledge of everything. It doesn’t mean that everything is a part of God and that there exists nothing outside of Him. Quran tells us that we and the entire universe are creations of God. Quranic concept of God is not only different from wahdat-ul-wujood, but it categorically rejects it.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 27, 2020 at 1:31 pm

But this means that God simply can’t be infinite right?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 27, 2020 at 1:34 pm

Please also see this thread:

Discussion 22515

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 17, 2020 at 9:53 am

Please also see:

Discussion 35913

• Ahsan

Moderator November 17, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Thank you very much.
    But still infinity question remain mystery

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 17, 2020 at 3:31 pm

I think that I responded to it above. If it doesn’t make sense please let me know. However please note that we’re talking about two undefinable concepts: God and infinity.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 17, 2020 at 11:46 pm

Yes your comment about two undefineable terms make things clear.
      can you give reference of Quran to concept of God undefineable?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 18, 2020 at 12:23 am

Defining something requires us to determine it’s parameters.

Quran doesn’t define God. It only gives us certain attributes of God that we can relate to – up to a certain extent. Quran also tells us that there’s nothing like God (42:11, 112:4), hence we can never fully comprehend Him.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 18, 2020 at 4:08 am

thank you for ur response.

• Saood Abbasi

Member January 29, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Minecraft is a video game being played inside an imaginary world. In 2019, the area of this imaginary world was eight times more than the surface area of our earth. It’s population is around 141 million.

Ref: https://www.svg.com/162612/is-the-minecraft-world-bigger-than-earth/#:~:text=According%20to%20Universe%20Today%2C%20the,area%20of%20eight%20Earths%20combined.

This huge world of Minecraft doesn’t take any space of our world, yet they somehow coexist. Further, it is quite possible that Minecraft or any other similar game induces machine learning to every character of the game meaning that world will be much more sophisticated much like ours.

The coexistence of these two 3D worlds raises a serious question about the validity of the mystique concept of wahdatul Wajood. Doesn’t it mean that by all means it is possible that Allah’s space need not to be the same as the space of this universe?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 29, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Minecraft worlds do take space. They are stored in your computer’s hard drives. If you have a hard disk this will be induced by magnetic areas on your spinning disk. On an SSD the architecture is different but the same concept of magnetic fields apply. So if you count magnetic waves as a physical concept then they do take physical space. There’s nothing metaphysical going on here

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Minor correction: SSD uses NAND chips instead of magnetic media in order to store data. However, data is still bound by physical space so yes there’s nothing metaphysical about it.

• Saood Abbasi

Member January 29, 2022 at 10:15 pm

That hardware is the means of creating Minecraft world. The size of their server farm is negligible as compared to the Minecraft world. And that hardware is invisible to the resident of Minecraft.

My point was that according to my limited knowledge, the concept of omnipresence is built upon the assumption that the space of Allah SWT is the same space as that of our universe.

From the observation of Minecraft space, I concluded that different spaces are possible and Allah is not bound to reside in the space of our universe. If my conclusion is correct then the foundation of the concept of omnipresence is collapsed.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 30, 2022 at 4:05 am

The size of the server farm is not negligible. If your world is very large you will need a very large hard disk

Your premise is wrong because there is no such thing as a ‘resident of minecraft’

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Omnipresence doesn’t mean that the space of God is the same space as that of the universe. God is beyond space time continuum. In fact it’s not even correct to think of Him as a spatial entity. His Omnipresence refers to His knowledge that encompasses everything within this universe and beyond.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register