Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Majority Vs Minority Opinion In Islam – How To Determine What Is Right?

Tagged: ,

• Majority Vs Minority Opinion In Islam – How To Determine What Is Right?

Posted by Hadia Arshad on November 7, 2020 at 6:15 pm

When you come to an issue where you get confused between the two, opinion of majority and opinion of minortiy, whom should you follow? As in case of tripple divorce. Majority claim it to be 3 and minority claim it to be only one. In such cases, is a person allowed to choose the opinion that creates ease? Because our prophet did the same when he had to choose between the two. What’s your opinion?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Majority Vs Minority Opinion In Islam – How To Determine What Is Right?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 8, 2020 at 9:06 am

To follow majority in the principle of administrative matters, not in the matter of knowledge and sciences. More often opinion of single person stands correct in front majority. In the matter of knowledge and sciences we need to follow the right argument, not the numbers.

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 8, 2020 at 9:38 am

So if i act upon ones opinion, or let suppose sir ghamidi’s opinion, then on the day of judgement, what if we get to know we were wrong and who’ll be bearing the sin? I’m confused just because i read hadith#53 Ibn e maja. You can check that, but on the contrary, a scholar said that Allah has given intellectual to every human being so you’ll be the one bearing sin if wrong so. But my question is, not everyone can achieve such knowledge of hadith and fiqh. Now in such case, what’s your opinion? If sir shehzad saleem or hassan ilyas sir are saying that no divorce occurred, then should i get satisfied with their opinion or would it count as leniency for me? I’m just afraid to be sinful in any case. If i choose between the two, and on the basis of what seems right, and that option is easy for me too, then shall i have any punishment for that later on by Allah SBWT? Make it clear please. Thank you!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2020 at 9:54 am

I hope that this help:

https://youtu.be/5v_8n4txYtk

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2020 at 10:02 am

Also since you mentioned hadith, please note that hadith is a narrator’s reporting. It may or may not have been related with proper context, and may or may not represent prophet SAW’s intention. Please see if the following video helps:

https://youtu.be/_U2gW0bRECI

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 8, 2020 at 10:04 am

I’ve listened this one. But I’m having so many doubts and I’ve been in depression for 5 months now. Because what i feel is right, I’m following that but I’m scared too that what if i am doing wrong. Because ss ghamidi sir stated that No wahii is revealed upon anyone then hoe can one check if he is right and wrong? And if it should go on as one feels, then shall there be any sin upon him if he chooses wrong? Its just that there’s a lot of ambiguity.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2020 at 10:10 am

I think that I tried to explain to you earlier in the following thread that one is only responsible to make sincere effort and act according to their knowledge.

Discussion 35097 • Reply 35283

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register