Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Al-Bayan Vs. Tafheem-ul-Quran – Reading Recommendation

Tagged: ,

• Al-Bayan Vs. Tafheem-ul-Quran – Reading Recommendation

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 30, 2020 at 10:22 am

If you have not yet read a plain translation of the Quran, I would most definitely start there. You can pick any good translation of your choice. Once you have done that then you should read both Tafheem-ul-Quran and Al-Bayan. The order does not matter – you can pick either one first.

Before you read a Quran translation, the following videos might help in understanding what kind of a book you’re about to read. Since Quran is like no other book, this primer helps set the right expectation.

Discussion 2903

• Hasnain Ashraf

Member November 30, 2020 at 10:35 am

Very much Thanks Mr. Moderator

• Hasnain Ashraf

Member November 30, 2020 at 11:26 am

Mr Moderator,

As I have understood the Islam as per guidelines of Ghamidi Sb from Meezan, would it be beneficial for me to understand the “Tafseer” from Tafheem Ul Quran. As Ghamidi sb aur Maududi sb have different opinions. So wouldn’t it better to read AL Bayan, so that I may get the whole point of ghamidi sb regarding Islam and quran.

Please guide

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 30, 2020 at 12:38 pm

Your goal should not be to understand Ghamidi sahab, but to understand the point that God is trying to make. Tafseers are great to explain intricacies, but they’re mainly supposed to be used as reference books.

Start with the Quran first. Mark any chapters/verses that you find difficult to understand or those that raise questions in your mind, but keep going and keep contemplating on whatever you read. A big majority of your concerns will be resolved by the Quran itself. In the end, you can refer to several different tafseers for whatever questions are leftover. If you still want to, you can pick certain tafseers and read them cover to cover. Of course both Al-Bayan and Tafheem are great tafseers, so they should be on your short list.

• Hasnain Ashraf

Member November 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Thanks, I got that

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register