Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Have You Not Seen… ?

• Have You Not Seen… ?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on December 24, 2020 at 2:45 pm

In surah fil we are asked ‘have you not seen the people of the fil?’ In surah fajr we are asked labour aad and thamud and firaun too.

A question arises- I have not seen what happened to aad and thamud and the people of the fil. I have, although, seen the mummy of the pharaoh but me seeing the mummy does not ensue that it was killed as a part of a divine punishment.

So how do these historical statements hold any value for us in the Quran anymore? How can we ponder on them and use them to strengthen the relationship between God and us?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 25, 2020 at 1:28 am

here to read the response

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 25, 2020 at 1:30 am

You can click the subscribe button to get notifications

• Ahsan

Moderator December 25, 2020 at 1:31 am

ok i didnt know that. thanks

• Umer

Moderator December 25, 2020 at 5:35 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor December 25, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Let’s take this as an example Discussion 33878 • Reply 33918. How is the hujjah of the destruction aad and thamud as mentioned in surah fajr still a hujjah for us? We don’t see their settlements- we don’t even know where they were

• Umer

Moderator December 25, 2020 at 5:47 pm

itmam-e-hujjah on nation of Prophet Muhammad (sws) and its results are a hujjah for us, and these above references form the whole part of that Shahdah that was ultimately established on Quraysh. Sarguzisht-e-Inzar is not an isolated event, rather its a sequence of events and how Shahdah was established through phases.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 3:43 pm

In January 2021 we’re also starting a comprehensive course called “The Definitive Key To Understanding The Quran” where Dr. Irfan Shehzad will cover all aspects of the law of itmam-e-hujjah in ample detail.

Course Catalog | Ghamidi.org

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register