Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Importance Of Coherence In Understanding The Quran

Tagged: ,

• Importance Of Coherence In Understanding The Quran

Posted by Muhammad Usman on December 29, 2020 at 12:45 pm

In Farahi school of thought, Nazm e Quran holds the key in undertanding Quran. What is the evidence in support of this opinion? Quran was revealed in 23 years in parts. If Nazm is so crucial in understanding, how did Sahaba in those years understood it while the Quran was being revealed in parts? More importantly why were they deprived of such an important aspect which was finally discovered in 20th centuray in India? On the following link, I invite brothers and sisters to listen to the opinion of Maulana Waheeduddin Khan on Nazm e Quran and share their thoughts on this concept:

https://archive.org/details/Nazm-e-quran-AnAnalysisIApril252013

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Importance Of Coherence In Understanding The Quran

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator December 29, 2020 at 1:49 pm
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator December 29, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Might be of interest Discussion 1751 • Reply 1751

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator December 29, 2020 at 1:51 pm

More details here Discussion 1239 • Reply 1239

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator December 29, 2020 at 1:52 pm
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator December 29, 2020 at 1:53 pm
  • Muhammad Usman

Member December 30, 2020 at 10:38 am

Dear Sohail sb! thanks a lot for sharing the links and videos!

I have gone through the preamble of Tadabar e Quran and Albayan, Maulana Islahi’s Tafseer of Ayat 87 of Sura Alhijr and a few videos of Ghamidi sb on this topic. I understand the concept of Nazm and its details as discussed by the honorable scholars in Farahi school of thought. My only concern/doubt is with regards to the lack or absence of any Riwayaat/Ahadith on this topic. If this was/is such an important aspect in fully understanding Quran, why was it never discussed explicitly in any Hadith or Quran. Sura Alhijr Ayat # 87 has different interpretations. Maulana Islahi sb did not bring any supporting reference (e.g., hadith or opinion of sahaba) to back his interpretation. Moreover, in the preamble Maulana Islahi sb mentioned that some old scholars attempted to understand Nazm, but their proposals were not very sound. Imagine the time when Sura Alhijr (Makki surat) was revealed, when the complete Quran was not yet revealed and only a few suras, partial or complete, would have been in front of Sahaba. According to Maulana Islahi’s tafseer of Ayat 87 of Sura Alhijr, it has a reference to the Nazm in the Quran. According to which the Quran consists of 7 groups of Suras (which will be in pairs). How would have Sahaba understood this Ayat at that time when the complete Quran, i.e., all suras, was not in front of them? Wouldn’t they have asked questions about it from each other and the Prophet (PBUH)? Or it was so obvious and self explanatory to them that they did not discuss it at all? I find it a bit hard to believe.

Allah knows the best!

Thanks again for sharing the links!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 30, 2020 at 12:20 pm

It is only natural to assume that any book should have coherence. A book author need not explicitly state that his book is indeed coherent. In fact if a book is incoherent, it would be expected for the author to explain that.

In my opinion if our approach is to look at the coherence in the Quran as explained by Farahi sahab and see if there are any objective problems in his discovery, it would be a much more fruitful exercise. In the other approach, even if we’re able to convince ourselves otherwise, it still wouldn’t deny the fact that someone actually discovered coherence in the Quran and the entire book can be explained extremely well in it’s light.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register