Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Devil's Whispers

• Devil's Whispers

Posted by Areej Sajid on December 31, 2020 at 2:16 am

How to conquer shaetani whispers?You more gain knowledge more questions will come to you.Now i am learning about Allah and the questions are more coming to my mind.Like Allah is who is free from all evilness.Can there be any chance that we are living in a world and the one who is the owner is evil.

Zubair Awan replied 2 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Devil's Whispers

Zubair Awan updated 2 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 19 Replies
  • Haris Virk

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 5:06 am

I think it is quite natural to have such thoughts when you are contemplating and learning about pretty much everything, and they are not necessarily “shaitani thoughts”. It might be your intellect wondering about various possibilities. In case of God, when you really put all these questions into serious consideration, you’ll easily realize that it’s not really possible that God has such and such negative attributes. Our fitrat (nature), our intellect, the tradition of prophets and the sources of religion all confirm that God has created the world to reward, bless and shower rehmat over His creation. This is why attributing any evil towards Him is inconsistent with all that.

I recommend watching the following lecture which deals with this very question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaJ8ALZ8a1A&list=PLvDnnnkYLWQdvp6fCWJy-jzWgAAX_HKW6&index=13

• Areej Sajid

Member December 31, 2020 at 9:25 am

@Virk thank you I’ll watch these.But i am so tired because of these thoughts.it seems like I don’t have iman😏

• Haris Virk

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 11:15 am

Please don’t worry. It is completely natural for human beings to have such questions. Just keep on knowing more and pray to Allah to help you out.

• Fatima

Member December 31, 2020 at 8:21 am

mera khayaal bhi kuch ise tarha ka hai,positive rahna bht achcha nazaria hai,ye positivity allah ke zaat se honi chahiye ke sachche dil se uski taraf ruju karenge to maaf kardega,lakin ye baat bhi ghour karne ki hai ke quraan me jews ne kaha tha ke jahannam ki aag hame touch bhi nahi karege jis tarha se khuda yaha ham par maherbaan hai use tarha se akhirat me bhi hame kuch nahi hoga,allah ne kaha kya inhe koi sanad mili hai mere taraf se jo ye aisi baat karrahe hai,to ise kis tarha se deekhna chahiye,kya vo log kuch zyaada positive nahi the.ustad ghamidi sahab kehty hai ke shaitan ego or jins pe hamla karta hai yahi sahi lagta hai bas vo direct nahi balki kuch sahi baton ko mila ke pesh karta hai shayad ham uski taqat ko samajhty hi nahi hai,ex pehle ke log agar namaz nahi party the to unhe ehsaas hota tha ke hamary ander burai hai ek farz kaam tark karrahe hai but ab log namaaz party hai jhut bolty hai haq talfi karty hai dhoka daity hai unhe ahsaas nahi, ke ek farz kaam ko karto rahe hai lakin saath me kae buraiyan us farz ke peche karrahe hai,namaaz to buraeyon se rokti hai phir aisa kya hai ke namaaz hame ghalat kaam se nahi rok rahi, hame kaha ghour karna chahiye kya shaitaan ne kaam waqt ke hisab se change nahi karliya,quraan me hai ke shaitaan allah se wada karta hai ki mai insaano ko jannat jane nahi donga inke agey peche daye baye baith jaonga,allah ne farmaya mai tujhe or tere peche chalne walo ko jahannam me daldunga or tu sabko behkalega sivae thode se logo ke,to agar shaitan ne zyaada logo ko apni pakar me leliya hai to shayad qabza use ka hua.shaitan ko samajhna or usse bachna vaqai mushkil kaam hai kyunki ham samajh hi nahi pate kab vo havi hogaya.ise liye achche sathiyon ka hona bht zaruri lagta hai.ye mera view hai hosakta hai ghalat bhi ho.

• Areej Sajid

Member December 31, 2020 at 9:23 am

Tou ham is sy kesy nijat pa skty hain??I get so depressed sometimes due to these whispers.

• Fatima

Member December 31, 2020 at 9:43 am

nahi mere bhai aapko pareshan hone ki zarurat nahi hai aap mashaallah apni koshish se kaam karrahe hai,allah se dua karty raheye or logo se achche ikhlaaq se paish ate raheye neik logo ke sath raheye ishaallah kamyab honge,is platform se help lety raheye.

• Fatima

Member December 31, 2020 at 11:06 am

hosakta hai in clips se aapki kuch help ho

• Areej Sajid

Member December 31, 2020 at 11:41 am

Okay thanks

• Saba Madani

Member January 1, 2021 at 2:30 am

Abu Huraira reported: Some of the companions came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and they asked him, “We find within ourselves that which is to grievous to speak of.” The Prophet said, “You have indeed found it so?” They said yes. The Prophet said, “That is sincere faith.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “That is pure faith.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 132

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

• Saba Madani

Member January 1, 2021 at 2:32 am

Can someone explain the above hadeeth please

• Fatima

Member January 1, 2021 at 5:14 am

ji saba ye hadees hamne bhi parhe hai, kitni sahih hai ye to hame nahi pata,lakin ise samajhne ka meaar jo ustad sahab batate hai vo ye hai ke aqal or quraan se takray or jisme duraiy ho usme doubt hota hai. sahabi khayalat ko bura janrahe the ise liye zaher bhi nahi karsaky jab zaher karna mushkil tha to amal karna bht dur tha,ye mera nazariya hai.

• Umer

Moderator January 1, 2021 at 7:51 am

This might be of some help:

Discussion 5479

• Umer

Moderator January 1, 2021 at 7:52 am

• Afia Khan

Member January 1, 2021 at 4:41 pm

Surah A’raf

(7:16) Satan said: ‘Since You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your Straight Path. (7:17) Then I will come upon them from the front and from the rear, and from their right and from their left. And You will not find most of them thankful.’

Hadith

One of the Sahabah complained to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) about waswas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you, seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He (the Sahabi) said, I did that and Allah took him away from me. (Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

(From Majmoo’ Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

With regard to what you say about the waswas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswas that makes you think about Allah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytan. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing. (Fussilat 41:36)

Some of the Sahabah complained about the waswas that was bothering them. Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (prophetic tradition): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ mean, the fact that you think of this waswas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kafir (non-Muslim), he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswas is pure faith, or that waswas is a sign of pure faith.

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswas happens to everyone who turns to Allah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak. Every time a person wants to turn to Allah, waswas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to proceed towards Allah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf (pious predecessors) that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytan do with a house in ruins?” (From Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

If you feel that you are being affected by waswas from Shaitan, first thank Allah ST by thinking that you are trying to be on Surat-e-Mustaqeem that is why Shaitan wants to distract you , ask guidance from Allah and say, “Amantu Billahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aishah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The Shaytan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allah.’ Then the Shaytan says, ‘Who created Allah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Amantu Billahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allah and His messengers). Then that will go away from him.”(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan (sound) by al-Albani in al-Saheehah, 116).

Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and do dhikr. Ask Allah ST for help, and make dua to Him to make you steadfast until death. And don’t forget that Allah is the most powerful. He is The protector against Shaitan. And he is the most forgiving to his servants.

• Saba Madani

Member January 2, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Jazaki Allah khair Aafia! This is useful

• Ahsan

Moderator April 19, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Recently Ghamidi sb talked about the similar topic. Kindly refer to following video from 27:43

https://youtu.be/mWT_sPxl1Tg?t=1661

• Zubair Awan

Member May 31, 2021 at 5:55 am

Thanks to all of you. I just started practicing .mjhy esy waswasy Allah ST or ap saw k Bary main ay k Mjhy lgta hai main mushrik sy bhi bad tar Hn or Kash main exist hi na krta Ya Allah tala mjjy mot dedein. like namaz prhty huy Bht Bht Bht bury khyal Allah ST k Bary main aty hain .main Bht preshan hn😰😰

• Areej Sajid

Member May 31, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Bro Agar Bht ziada hai to ap ilaj krwa skty hu.But I recommend you to go to a good psychiatrist because bht sy psychiatrist specially in Pakistan are nonsense.And one good tip ap anxious huna chor du.Ap koi motive rakhu apna r koshish kru k us m bht ziada busy rhu.Phly anxiety kam kru phr busy hu jao bs.Ahsta ahsta apka brain healthy hu ga.Aur koi question hai tou uska jawab dhund k khud k skon du.Allah apki niyat janta hai.Sbar krny walo k lye jannat hai InshAllah

• Zubair Awan

Member May 31, 2021 at 12:06 pm

thankthank you

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register