Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Quran As A Proof For Existence Of God

Tagged: 

• Quran As A Proof For Existence Of God

Posted by Muhammad Ahmed on December 31, 2020 at 10:12 pm

It is said that there is no rational base to prove the existence of god. Reason cuts off reason. And the most sound argument refers to the innate knowledge of fitrah.

We have limited sources of knowledge i.e observation, inference and established history. A rationalist believe something when its based on these sources. But when from these sources itself quran can be proved to be a 4th source of knowledge. Than is it not right to present it for proving the aalim ul ghaib. When someone comes to believe that this book is not written by a human and can only come from a higher being. Many arguments will rest in result of it. And the reasoning side will be satisfied as well.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Quran As A Proof For Existence Of God

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Sorry your question is not clear. Can you please elaborate?

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member December 31, 2020 at 11:04 pm

In zavia e ghamidi, ghamidi saab stated quran to be a 4th source of knowledge. And gave some reasons to prove it in light of the three sources. If this can be proved than doesn’t quran becomes the most accurate proof to come to belief.

There are many reasons out there but they only disprove the theories of atheists. When it comes to prove something it is referred to as evolved from the innate knowledge of fitrah. Why isn’t quran presented as a miracle which can be proved in light of the sources of knowledge that we have.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 31, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Quran is already the most accurate source for the claim that it presents. There’s nothing miraculous about it – in the future there could be other sources of knowledge that get established the same way. It’s not proving the Quran as a miracle that should be our focus. What matters is that we’re not blindly believing in anything – we have very sound evidence for our beliefs.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member January 7, 2021 at 1:11 pm

@faisalharoon

The reason for my question was regarding modern day people influenced by sciencism and claim to be empiricist. Who also negate all deductive arguments and knowledge. Believe only what can be proved through our available sources of knowledge. When in comes to such people what approach one should have. To try to make them understand that such stand leads to utter confusion and complete disbelief in so many things. Or present quran as a source of knowledge obviously by first proving it to be one. I think its only one thing for such empiricists to look upon as evidence.

Such people who negate all logical arguments remind me of people who used to say to the rasuls that we will only believe when we will actually see……

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2021 at 1:58 pm

If you dig deeper into various flavors of what’s presented as science based atheism, it’s a fact that you will find nothing more than thin air. All of their claims tantamount to nothing more than sheer speculation. There’s overwhelming evidence even in science for the existence of God, and there’s absolutely no evidence otherwise.

Please also see my response as well as the video shared by Umer Qureshi sahab in the following discussion:

Discussion 39268

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2021 at 2:14 pm

As for your question regarding what approach we should have with people who do not believe in the existence of God, I think that it should only be a straightforward approach of explaining to them the basis of our own belief. Those of them who are sincere but only fooled by the misleading claims of popular science will find more than enough weight in our argument. However Quran verses 6:109-111 are very clear that those who do not want to believe, there’s absolutely no proof that will satisfy them.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register