Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Wuzu Over Tattoo

Tagged: , ,

• Wuzu Over Tattoo

Posted by M Umar Adeeb on January 1, 2021 at 3:45 am

I want to ask if I can get a tattoo of a NON Living thing on my hand? People say that tattoo doesn’t let water go through the layer of ink so gusal can’t be done. Please explain if I can get a tattoo of a non living thing if it’s not haram. Jazak Allah

Umer replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Wuzu Over Tattoo

Umer updated 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 1, 2021 at 9:13 am

Regarding having a tatoo in general, please see this:

• Gumiho Ki

Member May 14, 2021 at 3:35 pm

I have a suggestion that will benefit us.Many of the videos are not translated in English and the one that does not know Urdu can t get the answer .Please ,if you can post the answer in English in short at least.Thank you

• Umer

Moderator May 15, 2021 at 5:50 pm

Duly noted. Although we try to write a narrative in English wherever possible. But due to time constraints, it is not always possible to do so. Will keep this in mind for future posts. In case you have anything specific to read or understand in any topic, please tag any of the moderators and we will Insha’Allah try to translate it for you in a summarized form.

In this particular video, Ghamidi Sahab has given reference to Quran (7:33) as a basis for Halal or Haram. Any activity which contains such acts should be considered prohibited (even tattoos), otherwise they should not be declared Haram.

• Gumiho Ki

Member May 16, 2021 at 3:55 am

Thank you Umer

• Umer

Moderator January 1, 2021 at 9:13 am

Regarding issue surrounding Wuzu and Ghusal, please listen to Hassan ilyas Sahab’s response on a related matter. You can apply the same principles to your case as well:

Discussion 38681 • Reply 39012

• Sonia Nawaz

Member August 27, 2021 at 1:01 am

السلام عليكم.

does this apply to doing wudu over nail polish too? some scholars say that nail polish prevents water to touch/rinse nails.

• Umer

Moderator August 27, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Walikumsalam!

As long as it remains clear that these are at root ijtihadi matters, where no explicit guidance is contained in Quran and Sunnah, therefore scholars make the informed decision considering the overall framework of religion. Regarding Wuzu over Nailpolish, Ghamidi Sahab considers it more close to the siuation where feet are covered with socks and we are allowed to do masah over them; Similarly, when Nailpolish is applied after doing Wuzu, the next wuzu over them will be considered Masah over nails.

Please see:

https://youtu.be/LD-D02P7DZE

• Gumiho Ki

Member August 27, 2021 at 1:48 pm

How long we can keep the socks or nail polish and do wudhu on them?

• Umer

Moderator August 27, 2021 at 2:01 pm

Continuous socks can be worn for one day i.e. for 5 Salahs in normal circumstances, and for 3 days in case of travel (or extra trouble than usual trouble). In case of nailpolish, till the time it wearsoff.

• Gumiho Ki

Member August 27, 2021 at 2:17 pm

But for nails polish the rules is not as in socks situation?why will be different.Nail polish can stay for very long time.More than 3 days anyway.

• Umer

Moderator August 29, 2021 at 2:37 am

For socks, we have guidance given by the Prophet (SWS) Himself, while for nailpolish, there’s no such guidance instead, informed opinion has been given by the scholars based on their ijtihad.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register