Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia What To Recite In Namaz

Tagged: 

• What To Recite In Namaz

Posted by Zuhair on January 3, 2021 at 12:40 am

My question is that in Namaz we can recite literally anything from the quran right? For example in a 4 rakat namaz, we recite surah fatihah in all four rakats but for the first , second , and fourth rakah people usually recite surah ikhlas only as it is a short surah. I wanted to confirm that we can read any ayat/s or any surah from the quran be it whatsoever right? For example in addition to surah fatihah I recite surah Ikhlas, surah Falaq and Surah naas. Is it ok?

Secondly, I know it’s better to keep changing our surahs and not read the same everytime but still if one reads the same surahs everytime is it allowed or not?

Haris Virk replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • What To Recite In Namaz

Haris Virk updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 3, 2021 at 1:16 am

Please watch the video in the following response:

Discussion 30511 • Reply 30536

• Zuhair

Member January 3, 2021 at 2:45 am

I’ve seen the video, so just to summarize we can recite literally any part of the quran either of two verses or six(for example) it doesn’t matter. And just a quick question that in the last rakat after durood sharif we recite rabi jaalni, so can we recite any other dua as well which is not in the quran but can be found in the hadith for example Allahuma inni as Aluka’ al afiyah. Lastly, can we recite a shorter version of the dua like mentioned above or it should be the full one

• Haris Virk

Moderator January 3, 2021 at 3:14 am

Yes, apart from the laazmi azkaar (mandatory prayers), we can recite any other duaa, long or short, from Quran, Ahadith or by our own.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register