Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What Is Absolute Reality?

• What Is Absolute Reality?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 1:18 pm

I assume you know actual meaning of absolute reality.
    Only revelation from God is the way to know absolute reality even then you will know what God want you to know. Only option you are left with is Quran now

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 2:33 pm

The term absolute reality within itself might be contradictory. As humans we have been given three primary sources of knowledge: empirical evidence, intellect, and established history.

Anything that we know to be true must come from one or more of these primary sources. Quran establishes itself as another source, providing undeniable evidence from our primary sources of knowledge.

With that, our job is to weigh everything in the scale of these four sources of knowledge, and accept and adapt to anything that turns out to be true. Furthermore, the discovery of reality is a journey – not an event, hence it can’t just be found and kept forever. However, if we adapt the behavior as I alluded to above, truth starts becoming clearer with time.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 14, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 6805

• Ahsan

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 2:24 am

@faisalharoon
    I didnt understand what is contradictory about absolute reality. Absolute reality means reality which is independent of time and space philosophiclly speaking.

I respecfully disagree that our primary source of knowledge can lead to absolute reality. Since we are bound by these parameters so how can we go beyond it. Just for example, in our world, nothing can move faster than speed of light but its different in cosmos. Established history also donot come without controversies. Eg Parting of river nile, jesus crucifiction and many other examples. These are some examples of limitation of science, observation, established history.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 9:01 am

The term absolute reality might be contradictory in the context of the limitations of our sources of knowledge. Syllogistically, God is an absolute reality, and He is infinite. However infinity is not real – it’s just a concept. Philosophically, if something is a reality, it can’t be non-absolute. Also in mathematics -10 is a real number but the absolute of -10 is 10 which is the exact opposite of -10.

I did not say that our primary sources of knowledge can lead us to absolute reality. We simply have to accept and adapt to whatever truth we discover through our primary sources. This takes us on a journey where reality starts becoming clearer and clearer.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 10:35 am

Thanks for clarification. Iunderstood ur point now. Thanks

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 15, 2021 at 10:19 pm

I frequently ponder on this. In many places in Quran it is mentioned that this life is not real. Then I look at Quantum physics and double split experiment and it shows that this universe and all we see is because we are observing it; otherwise nothing exists. It seems like we are living in a VR to pass our test. I believe anything that is perishable can’t be real; especially in this universe. I think everything around us will be real when we acieve eternal life after the last day.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 10:58 pm

The Quran doesn’t say that this life is not real. It might have been mistranslated that way in certain translations. Quran does, however, deemphasize this life in comparison to the afterlife, when for example it compares this life to mere play and amusement in verse 29:64. That is a stylistic that the Quran uses to draw our attention and focus to the life of the hereafter.

• Waleed Ahmad

Member January 15, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Brother Please give me links of Discussions of Ghamidi sahab or someone where He talks about How to overcome thoughts of Materialism or Nihilism. For example There was a Person who says that Hunger,Thirst, Watching, Touching or these kind of senses are due to Existence of outside.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 15, 2021 at 11:17 pm

This comment has nothing to do with this discussion.

• Waleed Ahmad

Member January 15, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Why Brother..?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 16, 2021 at 2:27 am

Its about absolute reality.
      Open new thread for ways to overcome thoughts of materialism etc in youth section

• Nadeem Minhas

Member January 16, 2021 at 6:16 am

Faisal, it may be slightly different translation. Here are those verses. Still I think if life is temporary, everything else can’t be real. Real from human perspective is a faulty conclusion. If someone controlled our 5 senses, we can be convinced of any reality. Even some dreams feel like absolute reality. The only reality can be from the persoective eternal being and all knowing and that is Allah.

[3:185] Every person tastes death, then you receive your recompense on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever misses Hell, barely, and makes it to Paradise, has attained a great triumph. The life of this world is no more than an illusion.

[6:32] The life of this world is no more than illusion and vanity, while the abode of the Hereafter is far better for the righteous. Do you not understand?!

[29:64] This worldly life is no more than vanity and play, while the abode of the Hereafter is the real life, if they only knew.

[35:5] O people, GOD’s promise is the truth; therefore, do not be distracted by this lowly life. Do not be diverted from GOD by mere illusions.

[40:39] “O my people, this first life is a temporary illusion, while the Hereafter is the eternal abode.”

[75:5] But the human being tends to believe only what he sees in front of him.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register