Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Outline Of Surah Of Quran

Tagged: 

• Outline Of Surah Of Quran

Posted by SOHAIL GILL on July 7, 2020 at 1:47 am

Aoa

I started reading Al Bayan, after reading 3 surahs i realized the importance of Nazm e Quran which elaborates the progress of a topic

I also felt that an outline of the surah created can also be important to overview the surah in 1 or 2 pages, please comment about the outline of Surah Nisa and also that should there be an effort to create outline of whole Quran

Jazak Allah

SOHAIL GILL replied 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Outline Of Surah Of Quran

SOHAIL GILL updated 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 3:24 am

Assalmualikum Sohail sb.

Can you please elaborate more regarding outline of the Quran? How do you envisage it in your mind?

Thanks

• SOHAIL GILL

Member July 7, 2020 at 3:52 am

W. Salam

In the essay writing of CSS exam, there is an outline of the complete essay(roughly 5000 words) of about 2 pages, the objective is to have an overview of the complete essay before going through it.

In this case before reading surah Nisa i knew that the topic of surah is the provisions and guidelines for Muslims of Madina at that time after the formation of a state by Prophet Muhammad PBUH to form a SALEH society, during reading i thought of same pattern to make outline so that upon going through 1 page outline i will come to know all the instructions for making of SALEH society.

As ghamidi sb has divided the surah in Introduction

Fasl 1

Fasl 2,

So within 1 Fasl the outline of that Fasl will give overview of all the topics.

Its only a thought, and would appreciate your feedback

Jazak Allah

• Umer

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 4:20 am

Ok! I think I got your point now. It is indeed a very interesting suggestion. This was one way of doing it. But I think Ghamidi sb. adopted a different approach. Certain matters of Sharia related to single topic are scattered in different chapters of Quran, creating outline in one chapter related to one topic of Sharia would give the reader wrong impression as to whole of Sharia related to that topic is discussed in that chapter. So instead of outlining the chapters like this, Ghamidi sb. collected all the related Sharia in one place in his book Mizan. Maybe that’s the reason there’s no outline as suggested by you. This is how I see it. Nevertheless, your suggesting does have an intriguing aspect in it as well.

• SOHAIL GILL

Member July 7, 2020 at 9:41 am

Aoa

I just wanted to make an outline of Surah to emphasise the progression of certian topics within a surah, i will try to make of 1 surah and show you, it will make it more clear

Jazak Allah

• Umer

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 10:20 am

Sure, will look forward to see your outline Sohail sb.

All the best. God bless you.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 7, 2020 at 1:26 pm

While outlines of individual surahs can be helpful in certain instances, they may or may not convey the whole picture. Ghamidi sahab has provided introductions to groups in the Quran, and also pairs of surahs. I would strongly advise you to also look at them.

• Beenish Hussain

Member July 8, 2020 at 3:23 pm

I recommend that you follow Dr shehzad Saleem for understanding arrangement of Quran. Indeed there is an outline of the Quran already developed or what we can call “table of contents” which helps to see topic of each Surah and how it relates to the overall topic of Quran itself. It’s also helpful to see pairs in each chapter to understand phases of the warnings and the addressee in all Surahs to comprehend the overall arrangement of Quran.

I would give more credit to Maulana Amin Islahi sahab for grouping and not Ghamdi sb 😊 however, Ghamdi sb has helped to understand topics and arrangement of Surahs further.

Here is a very quick summary but the f interested you can watch detailed series too.

https://www.facebook.com/DrShehzadS/videos/328023701527615/

• SOHAIL GILL

Member July 8, 2020 at 11:58 pm

Thank you to the members, i was not aware of the series of Dr shahzad Saleem

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register