Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Incident Of Karbla

Tagged: 

• Incident Of Karbla

Posted by Saqlain Razzaq on January 24, 2021 at 7:09 am

Ghamidi Sir, in his lectures on “Democracy and Islam”, mentioned many times that from historical record it is established that appointment of rightly guided caliphs was purely based upon democratic values.

Also Ghamidi Sir, in his lectures on “Incident of Karbla”, mentioned many times that historical record of the incident of karbla was not upto that level to say any thing conclusively.

My question is why Ghamidi sir, found historical record conclusive about incidents relating to the appointment of caliphs but not in case of incident of karbla

Saqlain Razzaq replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Incident Of Karbla

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 8:56 am

Please watch this to understand Ghamidi sahab’s viewpoint regarding Karbala in detail:

https://youtu.be/TbJW-0TcqMo

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 8:56 am

And this:

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2021 at 8:57 am

Finally, please refer to the following to understand our responsibility regarding forming a conclusive opinion regarding such historical incidents:

Discussion 31204 • Reply 31252

• Saqlain Razzaq

Member January 24, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Yes, I have already listened above mentioned videos in the past. I’m just asking for that credible historical source based on which Ghamidi Sir take first two caliphs appointment especially to be according to democratic values. Why we should be so conclusive that incidents like sakeefa bani saeeda had taken place as described.

Hope you got my concern.

JazakAllah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 25, 2021 at 12:06 am

There’s no reason to be conclusive. Ghamidi sahab has expressed his inclination, along with his reasoning. These are not matters of established history, so there can and always will be differences of opinion. However, these matters of historical nuances do not affect the message of Islam that we should be more focused on to begin with.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register