A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Age For Namaz

Tagged: ,

• Age For Namaz

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 25, 2021 at 5:11 pm

The age at which one becomes accountable for their obligatory salat is the age of puberty. This can vary from child to child and also according to climate and environment.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor February 25, 2021 at 6:18 pm

I don’t have a child but how would one know their child has reached this age? I mean of course at 14/15 it’s a given but earlier than that I don’t think a parent would know. Unless the child does research himself.

Also I have seen that the age of puberty is usually regarded as the age of accountability. What is the evidence for this?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 25, 2021 at 7:29 pm

You should start training them early. From experience I can tell you that if parents regularly make salat children automatically start to follow without any effort.

Evidence is in the ijma and tawatur

• Hasham Choudhary

Member February 26, 2021 at 12:23 am

Yes I agree with Faisal here. Alhamdolillah my both children (son and daughter started praying since age of 8 and 6) the younger one follows the elder child 🙂

My daughter hasn’t missed a Salah alhamdolillah since she turned 10. The boy is now 8 and he follows her so is almost consistent.

There was no need for any aggression as parents.

I just asked to clarify that at what age it’s obligatory? So that I can convey them the right thing. JazakAllah.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 1, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 44021

• Hasham Choudhary

Member March 1, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Faisal!

That was informative.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member March 1, 2021 at 5:37 pm

@AhmadShoaib Puberty is when you notice…

Male voice changes, facial hair growth occurs, adult body odor starts

Female voice changes, body features become prominent, adult body odor starts

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register