A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Lust And Polygamy

Tagged: 

• Lust And Polygamy

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator February 28, 2021 at 1:08 am

Family has been made an institution to fulfil Allah scheme. Therefore, following your desires may tear away the fabric of family. Here Itebae shewat means fulfilling your desired outside of marriage

Also, our life here is a test. We have not come here to just fulfill our selfish desires.

Kindly refer to this discussion about multiple marriages in Islam
    Discussion 26488

P.S. On light note, let owner of this pic know thats shewat is written as شہوت in urdu
    http://udb.gov.pk/result_details.php?word=129003

• Deleted Account 2407

Member February 28, 2021 at 1:12 am

I’m sorry but this is not a reply of my question. Answer is not in discussions. I am requesting to please have only Ghamidi sahib answer my question (requester is a scholar and only wants an answer from ghamidi sahib). Please refer to the question again. Thank you.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 28, 2021 at 7:55 pm

The answer provided by Ahsan sahab above is right in line with your question. If it’s not satisfactory then please elaborate on your question.

If you want a direct response by Ghamidi sahab please register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event when it gets announced. If you get a chance to ask your question live, you can get a direct response by Ghamidi sahab.

For response by Ghamidi to a similar question please watch from 1:01:53 to 1:07:49.

https://youtu.be/x0ZWOhD5DRs?t=1h1m53s

• Deleted Account 2407

Member February 28, 2021 at 8:20 pm

Dear Sirs,

I will make an appointment to meet Ghamidi sahib to ask this question. Just for your question to elaborate:

Please read question properly before answering. It’s not about 4 wives or following desires. It’s about the verse in Quran that whoever follows the desires, is a wrong doer. The question asks that the person who follows his desire as an example of liking a woman, later married her; does he falls in the same category? The person who does a love marriage or is dying to marry a girl basically is following his desire.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 28, 2021 at 9:09 pm

Sorry but the original question neither mentions any verse in the Quran nor references it. Also the question specifically states “ta’dud-e-azwaj” (polygamy) and “shahwat” (lust) for a woman other than one’s wife and later marrying her. The question you stated above is not what the original question is asking.

In reference to your follow up question, Quran verses about not following desires are not generic and must be understood in context. For example, Quran verse 4:135 forbids following desires in the context of justice. There are other verses with their own respective contexts. In short, there’s nothing wrong with liking a woman and marrying her.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 28, 2021 at 9:57 pm

I think the question is based on misunderstanding of “Nafsani Khuwahish”. This feeling is natural and a blessing from Allah if used in a halal manner otherwise it can drive a person towards hell.

If this “Nafsani Khuwahish” was not there, perhaps no one would like to get married.

This “Khwahish” is only bad when the person intends to misuse it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register