Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Can Quran Confuse It's Readers?

Tagged: 

• Can Quran Confuse It's Readers?

Posted by Tamkin Fatima on March 6, 2021 at 9:58 am

Assalam-o- Alaikum

I am a great admirer of Ghamidi saheb and his school of thought and I pray to Allah that He may keep us on the right path in search of true Islamic beliefs and virtues, Ameen.

I just logged in to this website vey first time and one thing captured my attention and made me confused.

My question is directing to some one who wrote down the text on the link “Introduction to Quran”.

I was confused about the sentence, “ Quran is unlike any other book in the world. And this not only causes a lot of confusion in the reader’s mind, but the reader can’t properly relate to many…”

How do you say this if Allah says,

اور ہم نے اس قرآن کو سماجھنے کے لیے آسان کر دیا، تو کوی ہے کہ سوچے اور سمجھے؟ـ

This is the message from Allah to each and every human being (With thinking minds) on earth. Why did you write against this clear and direct statement/question from Allah Raheem-o-Kareem?

Just to claim someone’s authority on Quran? Please respond?

I started reading Quran translations in English and Urdu languages and got lot of knowledge about basic Islamic beliefs and rituals, without consulting a tafseer. The most important message (that Allah is the One, Only and Final Power & The Day of Judgement) is very well communicated in this book. No one can get confused about it after reading the Quran’s simple translation.

I hope my question will be taken positively.

Jazak Allah and Thankyou

Tamkin

Tamkin Fatima replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Can Quran Confuse It's Readers?

Tamkin Fatima updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 6, 2021 at 10:59 am

Walikumaslam,
    Can you post the link where it has been written. Because I couldnt find the statement in this thread or book
    Discussion 1797

• Ahsan

Moderator March 6, 2021 at 11:08 am

As far as confusion are concerned, Quran it self says that people with sickness in their heart will be misguided from the same verses. (See 2:26, 3:7, 17:41, 17:45-46, 17:82, 39:23, 56:79)

However, it is also possible that a person with pure heart canconfuse meanings because of different approach. Eg mtiple marriage case, killing of non muslims
    In hisotry, we know that based on certain hadith people have interpreted Quranic verses differently. Hence, Its necessary to establish what is the correct way to understand Quran.
    Kindly refer to following thread for details
    Discussion 2903

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 6, 2021 at 11:13 am

I am the author of that text, and please be assured that I have taken your comments very positively.

Quran verses 19:97, 42:7, 44:58 and a few others tell us that the Quran was revealed in the Arabic language of the primary addresses of the message. When the Quran says that it’s easy to understand, it was for people of that time and space.

Today scholars of the Quran spend an enormous amount of time and effort to translate the Quran. Then they spend even more time and effort to understand and explain the Quran. Even for today’s Arabs understanding the Quran is not a simple task.

It’s true that a common person can pickup a translation and get the general idea, but in order to make sense of the philosophy of the Quran, the foundation of it’s principles, the very problems that it’s laws address, as well as the overall world view it presents, an enormous amount of time and effort is required.

For Ghamidi sahab’s comments regarding a similar question please refer to the video below from 1:04:30 to 1:09:48:

• Tamkin Fatima

Member March 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. I am 100% agreed with Ghamdi Saheb’s points. he has rightly pointed out the depth of knowledge and hard work of our religious scholars behind the translations and tafaseer.

What I wanted to highlight is the selection of word in your text, for a reason. Since my adolescence I have been listening these type of words from traditional religious figures in our society,

“Do not read Quran’s translations without tafseer or you would be lost or confused”

That was pretty discouraging for anyone who wants to read Quran for his/her own understandings.

That’s why I was shocked to read the same wording here.

I would sincerely suggest to rephrase the text. It should be more appealing and inviting for every one to read the Quran and get the light of guidance from this heavenly source.

Once one starts reading with the true intentions then Allah will guide him/her to the right path, insha Allah.

My Salam to Ghamidi Saheb and all of your team.

Tamkin

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 6, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Please watch the videos in that series. What’s said in that text is factual and based on overwhelming feedback that we have received from many people, especially the youth. It’s of course not meant to discourage people from reading the Quran, however, one must approach the Quran with certain pre-requisites. The entire reason that Ghamidi sahab recorded that series of videos was precisely to address those pre-requisites.

For reference, the video series under discussion is available at:

Introduction to Quran | Ghamidi.org

• Tamkin Fatima

Member March 6, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Okay and thanks again. I will watch the videos for sure.

Tamkin

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register