Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Wife Does Not Want To Have Children

Tagged: ,

• Wife Does Not Want To Have Children

Posted by Nasir Ali on March 12, 2021 at 11:08 am

Does the wife have the right to say that she does not want kids, like never. Can the husband coerce her in having kids. At the time of marriage she had no such desires, so no agreement was signed between the spouses regarding having or not having kids. But now she does. Divorce seems to be the only solution in such a kind of situation. Second marriage (i mean having two wives) is not an option. This question is very near to my heart. Please guide as to what should be the solution according to Islam.

Nadeem Minhas replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Wife Does Not Want To Have Children

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Please refer to the following links:

https://youtu.be/FWXNy4ZCbRg

• Umer

Moderator March 12, 2021 at 10:40 pm
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member March 14, 2021 at 9:12 am

The first video does not seem to address the question directly and the second doesn’t work.

I am not a scholar but based on my understanding the purpose of marriage in Islam is specifically to have children and raise them together properly.

In my opinion, it might be possible that she found out that she can’t have children and she may be trying to hide the fact by saying she doesn’t want children. Could it be possible that she is not happy with marriage? If none of the above, give her some time if you can offord some time. Many times people change their mind about having children. Also talk to elders on her side to convince her to change her mind. Also try to understand the root cause of her decision not to have children and try to address the root cause. She must have some fears or concerns.

If nothing works try coercing her mildly to avoid divorce. Be careful of having children after coercion as she may not be very cooperative in raising children, but you never know once having her own child, she may change her mind. If nothing works, then go for divorce as a last resort.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register