Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Angels Cursing Wife For Refusing Sex

Tagged: 

• Angels Cursing Wife For Refusing Sex

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on March 22, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Salam,

I want to know how the following ahadith are to be interpreted in the light of the Quran? Has the Al Mawrid team gone over them? And are they even authentic?

Sayyiduna Talq ibn Ali narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “When a man calls his wife for sexual intimacy, she should come, even if she is (busy) in the cooking area.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi & Sunan al-Nasa’i)

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “By the one in whose hands is my life, there is not a man who calls his wife for sexual intimacy and she refuses him except that Allah becomes angry with her until her husband is pleased with her.” (Sahih Muslim, No. 1436)

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Angels Cursing Wife For Refusing Sex

Haseeb Faisal updated 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 22, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Please refer to:

Discussion 1385

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 23, 2021 at 11:03 am

JazakAllah. I read over the answer, but I have a question with regards to this statement:

“If either of them is tired, sick or simply not in the proper mood and in the appropriate frame of mind, then this does not entail any wrath of the Almighty. It is only when a spouse starts to deliberately evade such natural needs of the other that the attitude becomes questionable.”

With regards to the first hadith that I posted, can it not be argued that a woman has a legitimate reason to refuse sex if she is cooking? And possibly, she is not in the right frame of mind for sex anyway if she is preoccupied with the steps she is following and the attention that cooking needs in general? In that case, why does the narrative say that she should leave the cooking area?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register