Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is Islam The Truth?

Tagged: 

• Is Islam The Truth?

Posted by Sukaina Sumair on March 24, 2021 at 2:19 am

How do we know/ believe that Islam is the ultimate truth?

I understand Islamic teachings logically, however I’m having a hard time developing absolute faith in this matter. How can I pray to God to show me some signs?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is Islam The Truth?

• Ahsan

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 8:42 am

In my opinion, only prophets can have absolute believe. We just have to try to reach perfection.

About how to know what is truth.
    Refer to reponse of Umer sb and Faisal sb in following discussion. They have outlined the way to search for answers.
    Discussion 45477

• ودود

Member March 24, 2021 at 9:00 am

There is only one criteria to differentiate between truth and falsehood and that is “sanity check” – anything that makes sense to you is the truth anything that doesn’t is false. Our accountability on the day of judgement is on our wisdom – so if wisdom is defective there is no accountability. It is a sin only if one rejects the truth knowing and willing. That’s why there is nothing to worry about if you end up rejecting a truth when it doesn’t make sense to you for whatever reason – just keep asking questions with an objective to learn the truth and not to prove your point.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 25, 2021 at 10:04 am

If we intellectually understand what Islam really is, then there are no doubts left whatsoever.

The basic premise of Islam is that there’s a Creator who has sent us to this world in order to test us. This world will inevitably come to an end one day, and in it’s place a new world will be put in place. Those of us who live our lives in this world accepting this truth and do good deeds will have a life of eternal joy and comfort in the next world, however those who fail to do so will have a life of torment and suffering. Quran gives us overwhelming evidence for this belief. The rest of the Islam consists of details about this truth.

Please refer to the discussion below and also watch the videos it contains.

Discussion 1630

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register