Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Contradictory Stance On Equality Of Husband And Wife

Tagged: ,

• Contradictory Stance On Equality Of Husband And Wife

Posted by Muhammad Abdullah on April 14, 2021 at 7:26 pm

In a recent Nikah sermon by Ghamidi shb, he specifically mentioned the equality and equal fazeelat of husband and wife (“یہ بالکل برابری کی سطح کا رشتہ ہے”) which made me a bit confused about his usual stance of husband having fazeelat over wife, husband being a CEO of family etc.

Here is the link for instagram. If you could watch at 04:22 OR (-02:35)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNjcbQTnOdA/?igshid=1oir1q41rx46u

P.S: I do respect that a nikah ceremony is an individual’s very personal matter but since this sermon was publicly shared, I am sharing the link here for the reference.

Umer replied 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Contradictory Stance On Equality Of Husband And Wife

Umer updated 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member April 14, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Brother Muhammad, to my understanding and as per Ghamidi Sahib and Quran, as a person both are equal. Just like as a person and human rights you and your boss are equal. But at work place for specific work related matters both have different roles, responsibilities and ranks. The difference in rank is to help decision making and to run the organization.

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member April 14, 2021 at 10:33 pm

True! But when Ghamidi shb said that this relationship is based on equality that literally contradicts the concept of difference in ranks.

Hence, the question!

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 14, 2021 at 10:39 pm

Fyi, I put together a comparison of roles, responsibilities, advantages and disadvantages for each gender.

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member April 14, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Mr. Nadeem, thanks for sharing that but I am not asking the details of these dynamics rather I am merely questioning the apparently contradictory statements by Ghamidi shb as per the title suggests and the description explains with quoted statement.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 15, 2021 at 1:10 am

I think that the confusion is caused by missing the context. He was explaining the verses of the Quran that he recited earlier which are in the context of man and woman being born out of Adam and Eve, and in that regard both being equal. He also stated that each has to abide by the rights and obligations as have been established by God, which imply the understanding of roles. This is a common problem because depending on the situation and constraints of time, it’s not always possible to reiterate everything.

I recently responded to a similar question and shared Ghamidi sahab’s recent video that might be helpful:

Discussion 47330 • Reply 47350

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member April 15, 2021 at 1:16 am

Thank You for that. I do remember getting that response from him during the QnA session however, since this statement in this video of nikah categorically said that this relationship is based on equality, that made things a bit complicated. I understand your point of being equal as a human being however, you’d also agree that he clearly says (“یہ(شادی کا رشتہ) بالکل برابری کی سطح کا رشتہ ہے”)

Which is not in context to being a general human being rather even in this relationship of marriage, you’re equal.

• Fatima

Member April 15, 2021 at 1:26 am

agar ham aap ka ques sahi samjhe hai to, jis tarha se dusre mazaheb me aurat ki haiseyat kuch nahi samjhi jati thi,jaise us waqt quraish,hindu me sati pratha,aurton ke jazbat ki koi qadar nahi thi,jise islam ne ahmiyat de or kaha ke apne aamal ke hisab se duno barabar hai,shohar ka maqam us ki responsibility ki vajah se ucha hota hai kyunki biwi or bachchy uski kifalat me hote hai shohar ke banisbat biwi ka muqam kam hota hai mere liye isko manne me koi harj nahi kyunki kahin hamara darja shohar se kafi zyaada bhi hota hai,responsibilities alag hoti hai bas,aap ka sawal achcha hai isliye participate kiya.jazakallah

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 15, 2021 at 5:18 am

Muhammad, he is a human. Perhaps he made a mistake and said something he did not mean. Are you just trying to confirm that?

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member April 15, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Ummm sure, if it’s like that. It doesn’t seem to be a mistake and merely needing some elaboration and explanation of the validity of this perspective and its relation with its seemingly contrasting stance but, of course I do understand as a human being we sometimes say something we don’t mean at all.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 15, 2021 at 5:51 am

Muhammad, I am not attempting to answer your question here, but trying to expand on the subject.

Isn’t it that Allah gives this rank to a man if he takes care of his responsibilities; especially the responsibility of earning money and sharing it with his family. Also Allah recommended that a man is better suited for this responsibility.

Still, if this responsibility is taken by a wife, she would become higher ranking than the husband. Isn’t this they decide after the marriage and thus before the marriage they are equally ranked?

• Umer

Moderator May 28, 2021 at 9:58 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register