Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Status Of Household (Ahl-e-Bait) And Companions (Sahaba)

Tagged: ,

• Status Of Household (Ahl-e-Bait) And Companions (Sahaba)

Posted by Nadeem Akram on April 17, 2021 at 9:33 am

Assalamualaikum

Whenever I go to the mosque or listen to religious discourses on TV and social media, one thing I have always noticed is that the conversations are often focussed on the stories and virtues of the Ahl al-Bayt and the Companions.

In the same way, the basis of sectarianism is essentially the personalities of Ahl al-Bayt and the Sahabah and the futile debates over who among them were more virtuous and who were right or not.

These debates and discussions on these personalities seem to have hijacked Islam, have overshadowed the Quran and have obscured the real message of Islam and the purpose of life.

My question is whether belief in Ahl al-Bayt and Sahabah or their stated virtues is part of Islam or article of faith. And what does the Qur’an command about it?

Can I be still Muslim if I don’t want to carry this historical baggage of sacred personalities and just want to focus on Quran and Sunnah?

Thanks and regards

Umer replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Status Of Household (Ahl-e-Bait) And Companions (Sahaba)

Umer updated 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 17, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Quran and Sunnah are a complete religion. Someone who follows these two in letter and spirit has been given glad-tidings of Jannah both in Quran and in many Ahadith of Prophet Muhammad (Sws):

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:8

These debates and discussions that you’re referring to mainly stem from historical accounts of events transmitted through Akhbar-i-ahad, and when it comes to Akhbar-i-ahad, we have no possible way of ensuring their veracity to our complete satisfaction. And neither have we been given this responsibility to reach a definite conclusion regarding these events.

The following video sheds light on what is the right approach to interpret and understand such historical narrations:

Please refer to the video below from 44:45 to 1:20:20

• Umer

Whether we will be held accountable for not believing or not reaching a definite conclusion in this regard, please refer to the video below from 1:19:48 to 1:21:09

• Umer

What should be our attitude when surrounded by such discussions, please refer to the video below from 1:17:13 to 1:20:59

• Umer

Moderator April 17, 2021 at 1:49 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register