Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ramadan Siren And Timings For Suhur And Iftar

Tagged: ,

• Ramadan Siren And Timings For Suhur And Iftar

Posted by Zuhair on April 29, 2021 at 6:03 pm

There is often an argument related with the importance of siren and different timings of iftari and sehri. My first question is that does the siren which rings just before maghrib and Fajr, does it mean that you can break/keep your fast with the siren or should we wait for the azaan in both iftari and sehri.

Secondly, in iftari and sehri we can hear azaan from different masjids before our masjid(hudood), so can we open our fast/keep with the previous azaan or should we wait for our azaan.

Zuhair replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ramadan Siren And Timings For Suhur And Iftar

Zuhair updated 3 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 29, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Neither, we should follow the clock.

Please see:

Discussion 47951

• Zuhair

Member April 29, 2021 at 6:12 pm

I’m sorry I don’t get it can you please explain in your own words briefly. Thankyou

• Umer

Moderator April 29, 2021 at 6:19 pm

Suhoor timing ends at time of Fajar, determination of time of Fajar is domain of science and not of religion. So when science tells you about the time when Fajar starts, that is the time one should start their fast and same is the case for iftar i.e. at sunset. Therefore, one should not follow any siren or any azan to determine fasting timings, especially when we have pre-determined times of both fajar and iftar, which can be precisely seen in our clocks and should not be based on sirens and azan.

Following video explains it in a very simple way:

https://youtu.be/tk5VXYXr67w

• Zuhair

Member April 30, 2021 at 9:42 am

Ok thankyou now its clear

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register