A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Menses And Fasting

Tagged: ,

• Menses And Fasting

Umer updated 3 years ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 1, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Just like any other act which invalidates fast if it happens a few minutes before iftaar, the same way start of menstrual cycle does.

• Muhammad Hameed

Member May 1, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Is there any reference for that in Ahadith or the holy Quran? Because it does not seem logical to me as other acts like eating, drinking, intercourse etc are voluntary (you have power to commit these acts or not to) however, menstruation is biologically an “involuntary” (it just happens without your control on it’s time and the exact time cannot be determined by a woman) act.

Kindly guide on it.

Many thanks.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 1, 2021 at 6:01 pm

Such things are not determined from Quran or Hadith. They come from established sunnah that has been transmitted to us through ijma and tawatur.

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2021 at 2:59 pm

By this logic, any involuntary act nullifying Wuzu in very last moment of Salah should also not be considered as nullyfying it. Which would be incorrect, just the way there are acts which invalidate the wuzu are absolute in nature (without any condition attached to them), same is the case with menses during fasting. Video provided in the following thread discusses this issue at length. Please feel free to post a follow-up question after watching the video:

Discussion 48740 • Reply 48779

• Fatima

Member May 2, 2021 at 3:41 am

mera view or hamne ye suna hai ke,agar aap sehri ke qareeb hai to roza na rakhe or agar aftar ke qareeb hai to roza valid hai,aqal is baat ko nahi manti ke din bhar roza ho or aftar se kuch waqt pehle ye mamla pesh aye to din bhar ka roza zaya ho jaye,or agar ye soch ke pehle se hi prepare ho ke aaj ye mamla hona hai or aisa aftar baad hota hai to din bhar roza na rakhna ghalat nahi hoga.

• Muhammad Hameed

Member May 2, 2021 at 5:33 am

Yes, I agree with Fatima’s point of view 100%.

However, it does not seem logical at all that an involuntary act can invalidate the fast.

The Hadith mentioned as reference narrated from Hazrat Ayesha ra, gives رخصت from faating during menses and does not say the existing fast would break.

• Muhammad Hameed

Member May 2, 2021 at 5:42 am

Can someone convey my concerns to Sir Ghamidi and ask his opinion directly please?

• Muhammad Hameed

Member May 2, 2021 at 3:05 pm

I have already watched that video.

Regarding “if wudu breaks then salah breaks…it’s not just like that. If you’ve completed the تشہد in the last رکعت and then wudu broke…then salah is complete. Because you’ve completed the last فرض of salahout of all 13.

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Saying Salam of salah is also an obligatory amal of Salah.

• Muhammad Hameed

Member May 2, 2021 at 3:13 pm

I’m sorry, I thought through this app one can ask his question directly to Sir Ghamisi saheb.I didn’t know this app is just a public discussion forum where people are giving their personal logics & fatwas.

Apologies…my mistake.

I’ll end here and just one request : Please change the name of this app…as it has got nothing to do with Ghamidi Saheb. Please do not malign such a great scholar.

Many thanks to all.

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2021 at 3:23 pm

In addition to questions being asked directly to Ghamidi Sahab and to Hassan ilyas Sahab, this is also a discussion forum where we each present our point of view. If someone doesn’t want to participate in any discussion after asking a question, they are more than welcome to opt out. Nevertheless, with or without discussion, questions will still be posited in front of Hassan Sahab or Ghamidi Sahab if we feel the need they should be asked to them.

In addition to this, you’re more than welcome to register for the next AskGhamidi live event, where you can freely ask any question of your liking to Ghamidi Sahab directly:

Discussion 46336

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register