Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Does Passing Wind Require Cleaning Of The Private Parts Prior To Wudu?

Tagged: 

• Does Passing Wind Require Cleaning Of The Private Parts Prior To Wudu?

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on May 12, 2021 at 10:01 am

Asalamoalaikum,

My question is: If someone were to pass wind and need to perform wudu again for this reason, do they also need to clean the private parts as well? And if not, why is that, given that passing win nullifies wudu? Would this act (of cleaning the private parts) be considered prohibited for being an innovation?

JazakAllah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Does Passing Wind Require Cleaning Of The Private Parts Prior To Wudu?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Since passing of wind does not result in an impurity that requires cleansing, therefore, it is not a religious requirement to clean private parts when this happens. Only renewing of wuzu is required. But if a person wants to do that anyway for their satisfaction, it is up to the person and should not be considered a religious requirement.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member May 12, 2021 at 4:04 pm

JazakAllah! Sorry for posting the same question twice – thought it didn’t go through the first time! But, I don’t understand why passing wind nullifies wudu in that case?

• Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Since the matter has been transmitted through Sunnah, therefore, we have to follow it no matter what. But as far as the logic is concerned, it has to do with Islam’s high sensitivity towards Tazkiya. Even when there is no apparent impurity that requires cleaning, but considering the inner feeling of impurity that such act may cause, renewal for Wuzu has been made obligatory.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member May 12, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Okay, I see. JazakAllah!

• Haseeb Faisal

Member May 13, 2021 at 5:10 am

On the same note, does burping require one to redo wudu? Eid Mubarak!

• Umer

Moderator May 13, 2021 at 10:50 am
    • Haseeb Faisal

Member December 14, 2021 at 9:47 am

And because passing wind does not result in an impurity, that means my clothes are clean and even if I touch my undergarments, they are also pure? I guess in this case I shouldn’t focus on the minute, scientific details either?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 15, 2021 at 12:29 am

yes. you need not to go the molecular level. In that case, nothing could be pure. we are obliged to what is normally possible to attain cleanliness. that is enough.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register