Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Utilizing Your Potential In This World ?

• Utilizing Your Potential In This World ?

Posted by Ali on May 13, 2021 at 11:31 pm

Would utilizing your potential in this world determine hell or paradise ? If a person was given lot of potential or ability but could not utilize it. For example an extraordinary poet (or similar ability) never utilizing or under utilizing that potential.

He was a pious person otherwise. Can this be a deciding factor in his fate on the day of judgement. This does not seem to lie under Tazkya which seems to be the purpose of religion.

Umer replied 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Utilizing Your Potential In This World ?

Umer updated 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 20 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 1:13 am

According to Quran, Paradise will be awarded to those who worship God. You can refer to this thread for more understanding of worhsip Discussion 32787

Not using potential abilities has nothing to do with the paradise.

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 1:56 am

Thanks for the answer. It is confusing. I heard Sir Ghamidi and Ustad Wahiduddin khan saying that God will ask how you used the abilities I gave you. I also heard Sir Ghamidi saying one time polishing the abilities are not important. I heard conflicting views.

• Ahsan

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 2:04 am

Can you give references to both occasion. It will help me to understand the context.

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 2:15 am

I searched but could not locate except below Maulana video declaring it one of the two major reasons of failure on day of judgment. Of course living in cave doing worship will not do.

• Ahsan

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 2:20 am

Worship is very comprehensive term. It not just include namaz roza. I will watch this video to understand your question better

• Dhruv

Member May 14, 2021 at 2:55 am

Please elaborate the answer..I have the same question…how much utilizing of your potential is important for your success in afterlife…What are javed Ahmed ghamidi sb views on it

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 2:02 am
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 10:02 am

I have watched above video.

In this video, Molana Sb is talking about utilizing one abilities to recognise the truth and dedicating oneself to it. According to him, if one apply their ability for just worldy matters. It is under utilization and that person will be answerable to Allah.

Keeping this in mind and overall quranic message, If you polish and use your abilites to worship (Worship is comprehensive term not just Namaz o roza) then you will be granted paradise.

In the end, actual things which matter is worship.

One shoult try to utilize and polish their skills and potential. However, I couldnot find any evidence that if a person dont use his abilities in worldy matters will be punished.

I hope this help

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 11:24 am

Your explanation make sense. Still it seems a certain participation in the world matters is required. Like I mentioned earlier a person deciding to go and live in the forest alone. He still can use his potential to recognize God and worship. God has given every person certain skill to contribute to the society we see around us. As an example Sir Ghamidi has the ability not only to understand religion but to transmit that knowledge to others. If Sir decides to learn the religion on his own and quietly do his 9-5 office job somewhere. It seems like a big waste of the skill God gave him. Would he be answerable to God ? It seems like he may be in that case.

• Umer

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 12:09 pm

The only thing that makes us accountable on the day of judgement is our ‘ikhlaaqi wajood’, for which basic potential has been given to every human being. The rest of the abilities (poetry, being a scholar), have been left to the human intellect, and history tells that humans have used those skills appropriately in most of the cases. However, it is not a matter of accountability. In this context, a person is only given additional responsibility, if he/she consciously chooses to become a scholar of religion. Not everyone goes to forest to live there all alone because we have this innate urge within us to seek the world and gain success in this world as well. Although, the scheme of tests and trials require that person should engage with the world and then polish their ‘ikhlaaqi wajood’. But going into seclusion might come with other challenges for the person relating to their ‘ikhlaaqi wajood’. Either way, they will still be put through test, whose nature may vary. The nature of test also varies in normal circumstances from person to person anyway, and it all depends upon the decision we take in this life regarding career, family, monetary matters, religious affiliations etc.

Following link/video has addressed these points in much detail:

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37861

• Umer

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 3:13 to 7:55

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 12:20 pm

@UmerQureshi Can you please make videos available in USA for Discussion 37854 • Reply 37861 ?

• Umer

Moderator May 14, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Please click on the alternative link provided below the video. Alternative links are visible word wide.

• Ali

Member May 14, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Four basic requirements Body/Food/Akhlaq purity and Rituals needed to get paradise or redemption. Following 3 scenarios while fulfilling the four basic requirements.

Best Case: Full participation in this world with an effort to fully utilize your potential (May or may not be successful)

Worst Case: A monk voluntarily choosing to leave mainstream society.

Average Case: A half hearted effort to participate in this world just enough to get a decent living.

Is this correct understanding that above 3 will determine appropriate level in heaven but may not result in hell ?

• Dhruv

Member May 15, 2021 at 7:48 am

Moderators please clarify…According me javed Ahmed ghamidi sb is here talking about fully participation in this world….which means person having urge to achieve something like more money or more knowledge should try to achieve it… So saying person who is trying to maintain decent living is average case or person who is living alone is worst case is not correct according to me..Maybe he is participating in this world by trying to achieve more knowledge…so basic point is trying to achieve something your heart wants..it is not just about money..Main point is about participation in this world which can be done by very poor person also If his main aim to achieve good deeds for heaven…like he started working in some NGO…he is utilizing his potential for earning good deeds and also not to stop yourself from something your heart wants in this world keeping 4 basic requirements.

Allah knows best

• Umer

Moderator May 15, 2021 at 5:22 pm

The above link that I shared along with my comment, Ghamidi Sahab has also cleared this point that utilization of worldly potential is at person’s discretion, which they will use according to their intellect. The sphere of religion is only tazkiya and Ibadah. Please listen to this response again:

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37861

• Ali

Member May 15, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Thanks @UmerQureshi

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2022 at 11:44 pm

• Umer

Moderator December 17, 2022 at 11:44 pm

• Umer

Moderator December 21, 2022 at 10:01 pm

The discussion "Utilizing Your Potential In This World ?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now