Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Prostate Before Adam AS

• Prostate Before Adam AS

Posted by Prof. Asif Ajaz Lone on May 22, 2021 at 9:47 am

Refer to the Aayat

Wa iz qulna lil malaikatis judu li aadama….

My simple question is that “Allah asked the angels to bow before Adam AS”. He did not ask any djinn to bow. Since Iblis is a djinn why was he cursed when he did not bow down as per command of Allah. Angels were asked to bow and they did.

JazakAllah

Prof. Asif Ajaz Lone

Jammu and Kashmir. India

Umer replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Prostate Before Adam AS

Umer updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 22, 2021 at 1:52 pm

The same verses of Quran also tell us that Jinns were also direct addresses of this directive:

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوْا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ أَفَتَتَّخِذُوْنَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَآءَ مِنْ دُونِیْ وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِيْنَ بَدَلًا. مَا أَشْهَدْتُهُمْ خَلْقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلَا خَلْقَ أَنْفُسِهِمْ وَمَا كُنْتُ مُتَّخِذَ الْمُضِلِّيْنَ عَضُدًا.

Remember when We directed the angels: “Prostrate before Adam.” They prostrated except Iblis. He was among the jinn. So, he evaded the directive of his Lord. Now, leaving Me, are you making him and his progeny as your guardian, even though they are your open enemy? What an evil substitute these wrongdoers are adopting! [They are making them My associates whereas], I called none of these [devils] at the time of creating the heavens and the earth nor at the time of their own creation. I am not One Who makes those who lead astray as My helpers. (18:50-51)

The reason He was cursed was because of His arrogance in front of God, please see:

Discussion 35995 • Reply 36942

Discussion 35995 • Reply 37111

Discussion 35995 • Reply 36104

• Prof. Asif Ajaz Lone

Member May 22, 2021 at 10:01 pm

How does that prove that djinns were also asked to prostate. In each of the similar Aaya Allah says ‘lil malaikatis judu’

• Muhammad Abdullah

Member May 22, 2021 at 10:32 pm

It is understood that by speaking to “malaikah” the djins were already included just like you’d say “oh sons of adams” and that automatically includes daughters of adams as well. Just like you’d use male gender to address general public but the female and non-binary genders are also understood to be addressed. (If I remember correctly) Ghamidi shb addressed this in today’s (05-21-21) QnA session after the Al-Bayaan lecture.

• Umer

Moderator May 23, 2021 at 6:22 pm

The same verse also tells that “He evaded the directive of his Lord” which indicates that Jinns were also addressees of this directive.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register