Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Parents' Obedience

• Parents' Obedience

Posted by Halay Noor on May 27, 2021 at 8:20 pm

Sir, my father is a schizophrenic patient since I opened my eyes into this world. And it effected all of our siblings. My mother isn’t a very strong woman. Now, it has been happening quite often that she has started showing many signs of depression or anxiety or I don’t know what to call it but she frequently talks nonsense or about the things which simply are out of question. She doesn’t care even a bit about my feelings or anything else. It frustrates me the most. We are 5 sisters and 2 brothers. One of my sister died a few months back and the reason is depression only. One of my brother and sister is also schizophrenic and my 2nd brother is also showing the same symptoms. With an environment like that, it becomes really difficult for me to be normal, I got only my mother to be a normal person around me. Even she is acting like that and in response to her frequent non-serious or illogical stuff, I feel irritated and sometimes behave rudely with her but I feel too much guilt later on. I frequently think that I have done something seriously wrong. I work in a private school and later give tuitions because I have to financially support myself, all these burdens are simply breaking me; emotionally and mentally.

Umer replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Parents' Obedience

Umer updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 28, 2021 at 1:14 am

May Allah grant health and happiness to you and your family.

Can you kindly mention your question clearly?

• Halay Noor

Member May 28, 2021 at 3:24 am

Sir my question is that I dont love my parents in real sense. Will I have to be accountable in front of Allah because of that? I don’t feel like talking to my father. And sometimes I rude behavely because of continuous and illogical talking of my mother. Will I be punished for that or will Allah be angry upon me because of that?

• Umer

Moderator May 28, 2021 at 3:34 pm

Quran has not asked us to obey every command of parents, instead, we are required to deal with them in a good manner (husn e salook) and can disagree with their decisions in a polite and respectful manner. One should try their best to deal with their parents in the best of the manners, irrespective of the situation. Remember! this is a test we’ve all been put through and not everything is going to be according to our will. Kindly also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 49111 • Reply 49211

• Umer

Moderator May 28, 2021 at 10:12 pm
    • Momin Khan

Member May 2, 2023 at 7:57 am

اور اگر خاندان بکھر گیا ہو باپ کی وجہ سے ۔اور اگر باپ کواپنی شادیاں کروانے کا شوق ہو۔ اور اس شوق میں وہ اپنے پورے خاندان کے حقوق ذمداریاں ، ان کی خوشیاں سب کی پرواہ نہ کرتا ہو۔

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2023 at 6:03 pm

ان حالات میں بھی ہر ممکن کوشش کرنی چاہیے کہ خاندان میں رشتوں کا درجہ خراب نہ ہو۔ ایک شخص کسی ایسے شخص سے بات چیت کے معاملے میں الگ رہ سکتا ہے جو خاندان کا سربراہ ہونے کے باوجود خاندان کے ارکان کے حقوق کی خلاف ورزی کر رہا ہو اور اگر ممکن ہو تو خود ان حقوق کو پورا کرنے کی کوشش کرے۔ اور بدترین صورت حال میں، طلاق کا آپشن اختیار کیا جا سکتا ہے اور بچے اس کی بجائے اپنی ماں کے ساتھ رہنے کا انتخاب کر سکتے ہیں۔

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register