Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Doing Rafa Yadein Compulsory?

• Is Doing Rafa Yadein Compulsory?

Posted by Shah Faizan on June 4, 2021 at 3:49 am

Scholars have being debating on this topic from the very beginning. My question is that, we can find many hadith which supports the rafaidein but hadiths provided by hanafi ullamahs are mostly zaiyf or hassan so can we say that the way hanaf people pray is not according to sunnah of prophet? I’m just confused because ghamdhi sir said prophet used to pray in both ways but what’s the source?

PS: sorry for my bad English

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Is Doing Rafa Yadein Compulsory?

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • Hassan Sajjad

Member June 4, 2021 at 3:38 pm

The prophet before fatah Mecca Used to do the rafayedain because the kuffar used to put idols under their armpits. But when the prophet sallahu alaihay wassalm migrated to madina he stopped it and made it mansookh. There is a sahih hadeeth in Bukhari shareef where the prophet comes out and sees the sahabs praying and doing the rafayadain. He tells them not to do it.

• Shah Faizan

Member June 4, 2021 at 4:38 pm

I never found any hadith in sahih bukhari where prophet orders the companions anything like you mentioned above. Can you give the reference with international number.

• Hassan Sajjad

Member June 4, 2021 at 3:40 pm

The rafayadain of the hambli is correct becausethe followers of imam Ahmad bin Hambal do it becasue They are muqalids. And since Imam Ahmad was a muhaddis he can make mistakes and still be granted sawab. Hope that answers your questions.

• Umer

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Salah is not transmitted through individual narrations, it is transmitted through Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sws) via ijma and tawatur of Muslims throughout the generations. What we find in hadith corpus is uswa-e-hasna of the Prophet (sws), which is neither compulsory, nor does it ensure that those acts have a permanent nature always. Please go through the following videos to grasp a better understanding of how Ghamidi Sahab has understood this point:

Discussion 37566

Discussion 28576 • Reply 28687

Discussion 47454 • Reply 47800

There is no basis of this myth that Rafadain was being done initially as a control measure to expose idols in the armpits. If that were the case, first rafadain to begin Salah would’ve sufficed already.

• Shah Faizan

Member June 5, 2021 at 11:40 am

Thanks for the answer. I got one more question. I used to Recite quran after surah fatiha in 3rd and 4th rakath of farad prayers but few days ago a sheikh told me why you doing this it’s against the sunnah and then I searched on internet about it and most religious scholars think it’s prohibited to do so and also some say your prayer is invalid if you do so by intention. So my question is, Is it permissible to recite surah after Surah Fatiha in 3rd and 4th rakah during Farad prayers and are my previous prayers valid or what? I’m really worried about this.

• Umer

Moderator June 5, 2021 at 1:34 pm
    • Shah Faizan

Member June 5, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Thanks brother

• Hassan Sajjad

Member June 5, 2021 at 2:03 pm

https://youtu.be/rSQiNJwr4n8

The references for not doing the rafoule dain and why thee prophet used to do it.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 5, 2021 at 8:23 pm

As stated by Umer Qureshi sahab above, salat is not based on individual narrations. It’s therefore not wise to argue about rafa yadein or any other act in the salah on the basis of such narrations.

• Hassan Sajjad

Member June 9, 2021 at 9:52 pm

Sure, lets agree for one second but in the video it states from the quran why you should not do the rafayadain.

• Hassan Sajjad

Member June 9, 2021 at 9:54 pm

The topic of the narrators are out of the way.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 10, 2021 at 12:02 am

There’s nothing in the Quran for or against it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register