Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is Allah Creator Of Evil?

Tagged: , ,

• Is Allah Creator Of Evil?

Ahsan updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 27, 2021 at 11:53 pm

Can you define evil?
    In my definition, evil is nothing but consequence of decision taken by an indiviual without considering moral values.

• Shakeel Ur Rahman

Member July 1, 2021 at 4:30 am

In that case you first define what are morals and what are immorals?

• Umer

Moderator June 28, 2021 at 2:38 am

A human being has been given both the freedom to choose (irada o ikhtayar) and a moral compass to identify and differentiate good and evil. It is the result of that freedom and how a human being uses it which gives rise to evil (shar).

For further insight, please refer to the video below from 00:42 to 4:30 and from 12:56 to 17:46

https://youtu.be/qhZ6X9X7xkA?t=42

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 07-04-2019

• Shakeel Ur Rahman

Member June 28, 2021 at 3:20 am

That is st. Augustine’s logic but this is insufficient to justify natural evils such as,

Earthquakes, disabilities by birth etc.

How would you justify these evils in the presence of omnipotent, omniscient and omibenovelent God.

• Umer

Moderator June 28, 2021 at 3:45 am

Evil (shar) as a result of human beings refers to evil in morality (ikhlaaqi shar), while evil in terms of pain and suffering in terms of eartquakes and disability is in accordance with the overall scheme of test and trials (ibtila) through which human beings have been put through in this world.

To understand ibtila (tests and trials), please see:

Discussion 22229

Discussion 52558

• Shakeel Ur Rahman

Member June 29, 2021 at 2:35 am

Is every earthquake or natural calamity is some kind of test by Allah?

• Umer

Moderator June 29, 2021 at 5:40 am

The overall creation of earth and life in it have been based on principle of Ibtila. This principle dictates unpredictability of life and death and the way it may occur. And one of the things within the whole scheme of Ibtila are eartquakes and calamities. It is not like each earthquake that comes is a separate specific test by Allah, rather, it is one of the things which make one part of the whole Ibtila scheme, among others. They do come because of natural causes, but room for them has been left open so that the whole scheme can manifest itself in this world.

• Shakeel Ur Rahman

Member June 29, 2021 at 5:46 am

I am not satisfied with this argument, if this is the case then what is the reason of earthquakes on moon?

And if whole scheme is confused with intervention of Allah at some occasions then what is the point of that ibtila and how would I know which particular earthquake is a warning from Allah?

• Ahsan

Moderator June 29, 2021 at 7:58 am

There no earthquck on moon. They are called moon quack :p

Read Umer Sb statement again. He said that life on earth has been created for test. The natural phenomenon is all over the universe perhaps.
      Whenever there is death in huge numbers, we can call it as a reminder that کُلُّ نَفۡسٍ ذَآئِقَۃُ الۡمَوۡتِ

• Shakeel Ur Rahman

Member July 1, 2021 at 4:29 am

Thanks for pointing that out I stand corrected.

You said that “whenever there is death in huge numbers we can consider as reminder”

But what about the death of innocent people , kids and animals. Why God kills them to give a reminder. Could you cite any vers or hadith for reference.

I have few more questions if I have liberty to ask like.

Is morality subjective or objective?

Some thing is moral when commanded by Allah or Allah commands moral things?

What is the relevance of God in our lives for instance if a person lives a contented life with all good deed he could do in his capacity, then why would he need religion at all? If he accepts it how his life would be transformed?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 1, 2021 at 5:53 am

Umer sb has already share the thread link where it has been answered.

For Morality topic you can refer to following thread
      Discussion 37174
      Discussion 36700

The discussion "Is Allah Creator Of Evil?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now