Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Would Anyone, In Their Right Mind, Commit Kufr?

• Why Would Anyone, In Their Right Mind, Commit Kufr?

Posted by Saad Aamir on July 16, 2021 at 5:50 am

A little background first, there was an atheist to which it was explained that a kaffir is someone that rejects the truth deliberately after Itmam-e-Hujjat. So his counter argument was:

Why would anyone reject the truth, why would anyone pick a fight with an Almighty being that is declaring 100% chance of eternal punishment for said rejection especially since this declaration is confirmed to be the absolute truth through the Rasool?

A kaffir would be mentally ill to do so and hence Allah shouldn’t punish them, let alone give eternal punishment? Or is it because kaffir is genuinely misinformed about the consequences of their kufr? How can that be when we agree that Itmam-e-Hujjat means that no doubt is left about the message of Allah?

You may argue that people do wrong things all the time even though they know about the truth and the consequences of such wrong actions but I think e.g if someone is committing treason against a country knowingly, is because they genuinely think that country is not worth following and usually a death penalty is given to ensure traitors do not harm the country. Same logic can’t be applied since kaffir knows that he is following the wrong path and that a kaffir poses no threat to Allah and His Kingdom like a traitor would to a country.

In short: Betraying Allah knowingly after He has established Itmam-e-Hujjat is suicide. Why would anyone do it?

Altamash Ali replied 2 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 38 Replies
  • 38 Replies
  • Why Would Anyone, In Their Right Mind, Commit Kufr?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member July 16, 2021 at 5:52 am

Very good question. WHY?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 16, 2021 at 8:10 am

Short answer is arrogant.
    Shaitan knew Almighty very well but in arrogance it denied the truth.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 16, 2021 at 8:26 am

Yes, arrogance is why a kafir would do it. But would you accept this act as mentally sound?

Imagine if a man goes face to face with a powerful king that has decreed death for anyone who betrays him and then declare treason to that king right in his face.

The man would be concluded as suicidal. Such a person needs help, not punishment. Would you agree?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 16, 2021 at 9:19 am

i m not psychology expert. in my humble opinion, arrogance is due to pride while suicidal is due to desperation. Punishment is due to reason that before coming into this world, he already accepted Allah as rab.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 16, 2021 at 9:33 am

I am not sure if that resolves the concern. So let me explain it again:

Itmam-e-Hujjat means that truth that Allah is your Lord has been made certain to everyone, rejecting this truth and the Rasool means you will face an eternal punishment. There is no chance of escape, it is 100% confirmed through Itmam-e-Hujjat that this is the future of those who will reject Allah as their Rab when it is made clear they entered this world accepting Allah as their Rab.

Now anyone who is arrogant enough to commit kufr makes no sense. The entire basis of arrogance is destroyed when this reality is made clear. That means the only person who is willing to pick a fight with Allah after Itmam-e-Hujjat is asking to be put into Hell, which doesn’t seem mentally sound. And we know Allah would not punish a mentally ill person.

It is possible a kaffir is arrogant to commit kufr because he is in some misunderstanding that he can beat Allah, if that is so then wouldn’t Itmam-e-Hujjat have removed this misconception? Or is a kafir simply stupid enough to think that this is all child’s play? Should Allah take such a person seriously enough to give punishment, let alone eternal punishment?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 16, 2021 at 10:22 am

I think following video from 6:57 will resolve the issue.
      https://youtu.be/XbsT4Xk-XKQ?t=419

• Saad Aamir

Member July 16, 2021 at 10:48 am

I have watched this video before (coincidentally today since I was researching for the answer of the current topic myself). It details the Itmam-e-Hujjat and Ghamidi Sahab nicely highlight how Allah applied on everyone at the time of the Qur’an.

However my basic question (that have stated originally) goes one step forward. The concern highlights a problem with Itmam-e-Hujjat that is not main focus on the video obviously because it deals with its justification but not what happens AFTER Itmam-e-Hujjat.

The issue is that now that Itmam-e-Hujjat has been completed, why would anyone choose to be kafir because that would be equal to choosing to be put into Hell. It gives the impression that generations of kafir have purposefully accepted Hell, which gives an impression that they were either mentally ill (and it is unjust for Allah to punish such people) or not well-informed of the consequences of kufr (and hence a point against Itmam-e-Hujjat since there is existence of doubt).

• Ahsan

Moderator July 16, 2021 at 11:29 am

@UmerQureshi Can you please help here, I think I am unable to grasp his question correctly.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member July 16, 2021 at 8:49 am

Yes he needs help because he is unable to understand the repurcussion of his actions

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 16, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Brother Saad may be you are assuming few things here

1. Human beings act rationally if they see the evidence. That is not true. Human beings can still act in complete opposition to rationality

2. Itmam-e-hujjat is personal. It’s not. Itmam e hujjat means that Allah has put evidence around every person, given them mental tools to comprehend the truth of prophethood and Quran. It’s upto the person to go ahead, free his mind from bias and be ready to accept his mistake and change his ways. Allah won’t and haven’t made itmam e hujjat for every human being like the eg of Iblees, or the prophets. These 2 have the 100% itmam e hujjat u r talking about

Rest of us do not have it and will never have it.

Another eg would be of kuffar, Allah did itmam e hujjat by sending Quran and Muhammad SAW to them in their language and time period but they insisted for things that they considered to be absolute proof like seeing an angel, talking to Allah etc. So Allah did His itmam e hujjat but kuffar wanted their version so they didn’t accept Islam although there was plenty of evidence. Therefore Allah did itmam e hujjat very sufficiently but they refused to accept out their own free will. Evidence was there but they insisted on their version of itmam e hujjat

Lastly your qs is an abstract one and beyond the realm of time and space. Meaning 100% itmam e hujjat can not happen in this world so therefore we can not answer this question. It’s like asking what dry water tast like (we cannot taste water vapors so we can’t answer this qs)

• Saad Aamir

Member July 17, 2021 at 2:51 am

This is closer to how I also understood this as well but I faced a few problems then:

1. Doesn’t not having 100% Itmam-e-Hujjat implies that the definition of “truth has been made clear to everyone” might be a bit incorrect? It seems to be more about “some evidence has been provided” and “some truth has been made available” rather it is up to people of Prophet to investigate in given time because Allah isn’t going to spoonfeed anyone, right? i.e adjustment of how we define these things is needed?

2. And it also seems to imply that kafir isn’t someone that “knowingly reject the truth” but rather someone that was “neglectful” of the provided evidence by the Rasool? In order word, the idea that Allah is punishing kafir for his “open rebelliousness” as Ghamidi Sahab suggest is problematic because kafir has the conclusion that Rasool isn’t from Allah because their version of Itmam-e-Hujjat hasn’t been met? i.e kafir seems to genuinely think that Allah’s court isn’t really happening. (It also raises the question whether eternal punishment is valid for neglectfulness rather than open rebelliousness but I think that is minor issue, since Allah knows best how to punish).

3. If original question can’t be applied to kaffir that rejected Prophets due to lack of 100% Itmam-e-Hujjat then it certainly can be applied to Iblis right? I.e Doesn’t Iblis rebelling against Allah right in front of Him shows that he wasn’t thinking straight and hence punishing him might be unjust? Also you may refer to the example of King and the traitor I gave to Ahsan Jalal above for elaboration, i.e how do you think you would respond to that example?

• Saad Aamir

Member July 17, 2021 at 3:08 am

@Sid Also one more thing, the assumption is not that human will always act rational in face of evidence but rather they will always act rational in face of absolute certainty of an absolute failure i.e what does a kafir have to gain if he is convinced that he will go to eternal Hell for rejecting Allah. I mean even in recent Itmam-e-Hujjat, no one seems to rejected Islam when the punishment by the sword was made clear because it was obvious to the kafir that if he reject the truth, he will face absolute death so no matter how arrogant and irrational he may be thus he didn’t openly rebel against Allah. But as soon as Prophet PBUH passed away, many people became apostate because the certainty of punishment was gone.

So the original assumption was that Itmam-e-Hujjat makes truth clear, meaning the certainty of Hell has been made clear to the kafir henceforth why any kafir, no matter how arrogant or irrational, would pick Hell? Because that is absolute failure, he knows he can’t win through Itmam-e-Hujjat, right? Thus showing signs of mental instability if he still decides to pick a fight with Allah and invalidates the idea of punishing such people, yes?

But you counter-arguing that personal certainty isn’t part of the Itmam-e-Hujjat package is a response to the assumption in the end. So it’s good, I just wanted to clarify the assumption.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 17, 2021 at 5:49 am

Take 2 people. One has been told that he has lung cancer and doc showed him CT scan of his chest and he could see the tumor. He’s arguing he’s not convinced and would like a 2nd opinion if he really has cancer. 2nd person sees the tire of his car is flat. Insisted on driving it cuz he couldn’t see the hole in the tube himself so not convinced that he actually has a flat tire. What would you call them? They aren’t neglectful at all, they can see and understand their problem but refusing to believe in face of reality. Would u consider that both of them given only “some” evidence? Absolutely not, they both more than enough information yet they refused cuz they don’t want to believe. It’s their decision if rejecting itamam e hujjat that’s making them suffer and not the clarity of evidence provided

Iblees didn’t refuse to believe in Allah, he couldn’t and he didn’t. He refused to accept Allah’s decision regarding Adam. He challenged Allah and since then has been trying to prove Allah wrong. So I don’t think it’s similar to any kafir

The king eg is also not true. Countless people have rebelled in front of kings knowingly that it means certain death. Suicide bomber is another eg, death is certain but he still does it

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 17, 2021 at 5:59 am

We r responsible to have Ilm al yaqeen or knowledge that tell us the truth. Absolute knowledge isn’t required neither it’s possible. Someone insist on seeing Allah, angels, hellfire before believing will get nowhere. Absolute knowledge will be on the day of judgement and not before. One has to accept truth about Allah in this world just like anything else. Use the available evidence, interpret arguments using intellect and come to a conclusion. This is how we make all our decisions and that’s how Allah want us to find and believe in Him

Lastly your narrative about the history regarding people rebelled after Muhammad SAW death is not true. It’s a separate topic so I didn’t answer. May be u can post it as a separate thread and we’ll discuss then.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 17, 2021 at 6:23 am

1. Good examples and explanation. If I were to understand, would you consider “kufr” as “willful ignorance” ?

2. Iblis case still stands. Whether it is kufr or not isn’t the point but rather why would Iblis pick a fight he absolutely knows he can’t win? Does this not show that he would be, “insane” in a way and should be put in a mental facility rather than cursed?

3. And I would combine point 2 with the elaboration on the King and traitor example. I am not referring to traitors that planned and failed, I am referring to a traitor that have came face to face with a powerful king, with no plan, no weapons, nothing and just declare treason to his face as the king well guarded by his men, knowing well that death will follow. Sounds suicidal, no? Mentally not sound, not deserving of punishment, no? Especially since such traitor will lose everything and gain nothing from this action.

Also suicide bomber isn’t a good example since he knows he will survive into the afterlife, that’s why he does it despite death since he is certain that he won’t stay dead forever but that’s not case of picking a fight with Allah when you are aware you will not succeed. You may argue people have always been picking fight they would never succeed but usually they do genuinely think they have a chance in such cases.

4. Regarding the history of people rebelling after Prophet PBUH, I may open another question on that but can you give a one line response on that if you wish?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 17, 2021 at 11:42 am

I am not sure what do u mean by willful ignorance. Any person who rejected an idea based on small/far fetched/ unreal assumptions in comparison to overwhelming evidence would be considered kafir of that particular idea

Iblees wanted to prove Allah wrong about His decision to ask angels to prostrate. Plz read

7:11-18 , 15:28-43, 38:74-85

Iblees clearly challenges Allah and Allah accepted it. The promise of hellfire is because of iblees’s refusal to prostrate. Punishment postponed till day of judgement. So I am not sure where is this idea is coming from that Iblees absolutely knows he’s gonna fail this challenge.

The example of king is wrong because it’s an abstract and unreal example. It assumes that the person in front of the king is doing treason for no reason. Not possible, don’t u think? If treason is for a reason than that reason is bigger than absolute death. Countless examples exist.

U keep comparing stubbornness to insanity. Not true, completely sane people can be stubborn without any reason. They aren’t mentally sick but just stubborn

15:14-15 And [even] if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they continued therein to ascend. They would say, “Our eyes have only been dazzled. Rather, we are a people affected by magic.”

• Manzoor Shah

Member July 17, 2021 at 12:41 pm

“U keep comparing stubbornness to insanity. Not true, completely sane people can be stubborn without any reason. They aren’t mentally sick but just stubborn.”

Best part.

Nice.

One of the fundamental mistakes that the atheist (or whoever it may be ) has that he as assumed that Eiman is a concept, like 2+2=4.

Eeman is to accept anything such that it prompts action.

Then Eiman in religion has its compulsory requirement and that is to act accordingly especially in all major issues like

Do not kill.

Do not transgress or oppress

Do not associate assumptions to truth.

Eiman is impossible without humbleness. You may be intelligent yet the least humble in the room. That is , whenever time to take action arrives you will resist despite knowing it would result in being dangerous in the long run. Yet you will trade anything for your point no matter how much clearly selfish it be.

So it is more about patience for truth in the face of your emotions. It is more about the Dept of human personality than about a superficial concept.

anerblick@gmail.com

1 7 July 21

• Saad Aamir

Member July 17, 2021 at 1:34 pm

1.@Sid By willful ignorance, people tend to ignore evidence to ensure their current beliefs remain unchanged, regardless of how baseless they may be. My comparison is that similarly a kafir refuses to ponder over evidence Allah provides through His Rasool and chooses to cling to the worldview that there is no Itmam-e-Hujjat at all, that no Rasool was sent to them despite much evidence suggesting otherwise. In both cases, the person genuinely believes in their (obviously flawed) worldview, reaching their conclusion through intellectual dishonesty. So do you think “kufr” can be viewed as “willful ignorance” under this similarity?

2. Okay regarding Iblis point, let me clarify this step by step.

Iblis has 100% Itmam-e-Hujjat, yes?

If he has 100% Itmam-e-Hujjat, does he know that Allah is always right?
      Challenging a Being that is always right sounds like a sane idea?

What does Iblis gain from getting cursed by Allah?

3. I didn’t say in King and traitor example that he is committing treason for no reason, reason can be as small as not liking what the King wears to straight out hating the way he rules his kingdom. The reason is irrelevant, it is HOW he goes about committing treason that you must focus on. The example illustrates the idea that a traitor is powerless against a king, still walks up to him, with no way of succeeding against this king, and declare treason knowing well that this king will give death for said treason. What is your opinion on the mental state of such a traitor? What should we do with him in your opinion?

4. Completely sane people can be stubborn, yes in normal circumstances this is the case because somewhere in their mind, they genuinely believe that they are either right or have a chance of being succeeding. What about a not so normal circumstance, a scenario where they can’t be win and they know this?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 17, 2021 at 7:31 pm

1. I already explained my understanding. You can call it any name you like

2. I don’t know why u don’t want Iblees to have what we all have, free will. Just because Iblees knows Allah is always right doesn’t mean he can’t use his free will and try to prove Him wrong. We all do it. We consume junk food knowing it’s absolutely bad for us, or be rude to people knowing it’s sinful but we still do it, don’t we? It’s not sane or insane, it’s free will!!

What made Iblees do it is not insanity but pride just like we consume junk food due to its good taste or be rude because of sense of power

3. Mental state of the traitor is that he believes his reason for treason worth more than his life. This is not insanity or mental instability but believing something is larger than life and that’s it.

4. That’s also not true that stubborn people know genuinely they r right. Stubborn means act wrong knowing that u r wrong.

having or showing dogged determination not to change one’s attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so. Oxford dictionary

A murderer keep denying his crime despite seeing cctv video of him coming the crime would be a good e.g of “What about a not so normal circumstance, a scenario where they can’t be win and they know this?”

• Saad Aamir

Member July 18, 2021 at 4:19 am

1. Hmm okay, I was trying to lead up to another question with the understanding of kufr but I think we can discuss that in a new question.

2. Free will isn’t the focus. Your example of junk food is an example of a normal circumstance e.g consuming junk food does not always lead to bad consequences, there are people who consume a lot of junk food but can be fit, in fact some people are built fitness plan around this so people can be fit and consume junk food, chance of failure varies. Same is case with being rude with people, since we have chance of being forgiven for the sin or as you argue the reason for being rude can be greater than the sin hence why some people may do this.

Now let me give you an example of a abnormal circumstance. Consuming a strong poison (one with 100% death rate) leads to death, yes? Is there any sane person that consume poison happily? Why? Is it because he is aware that consuming poison leads to certain death?
      If a sane person consumes poison then he is either:
      1. Unaware/mistaken about the consequences of drinking poison and hence needs guidance.

2. Or is suicidal/mentally unstable hence needs help.

What Iblis did is not consuming junk food, he is consuming poison. Free will isn’t the issue, problem is that he used his free will in way that an insane person would. Insanity deserves punishment?

3. The example of King and traitor is parallel to Allah and Iblis. What reason does Iblis has that is worth more than eternal Hell? Is believing in said reason be considered sane?

4. The dictionary definition you quoted doesn’t seem to deny that stubbornness isn’t about genuinely believing one is right. It can include both your definition of being wrong in face of being proven wrong and that one believes that he is right being the reason why they are choosing to do wrong.

5. Do you have an example of a murderer denying clear cctv footage in front of him? Don’t you think that a such murderer genuinely believes that if he deny strong enough, he can convince the authorities that he is innocent hence not a case of him knowing that he can’t win, he seems to be betting on a slim chance he can win the denial game since their authority are flawed humans, not All-Knowing flawless God that can’t be defeated nor deceived like in the case of Iblis?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 18, 2021 at 7:20 am

1. That’s what I thought. Didn’t want to have a discussion within a discussion

2. I didn’t want u to dissect the examples but concentrate on the principle, being fit or forgiven is irrelevant to this discussion. Principle is that we have free will so we can do wrong knowingly that it’s wrong

3. A sane person will consume poison or accept treason if he is

Unaware / mistaken / suicidal

OR

has a reason to do so. A reason that’s larger than life (atleast to him) and because he has the free will. This is not insanity in any way shape or form in under any circumstances.

7:12 Allah asked, “What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?” He replied, “I am better than he is: You created me from fire and him from clay

Does Iblees sounds sane or insane?

Brother, I do feel that there’s an idea that u don’t wanna give up and hence keep coming back and insisting on insanity. May be u can let the cat out of bag now!

4. I am sure u can not find the word stubborn in literature in the meaning u described

5. That murderer would be insane/imbecile to think he can getaway only if he deny it long enough. He knows he can’t win. Quran mentions that Kuffar will do the same denial business on judgment day.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 18, 2021 at 8:01 am

“Principle is that we have free will so we can do wrong knowingly that it’s wrong.”

This principle works for junk food example and for what I agree, it doesn’t, however, work for poison example because that example symbolizes the heart of the original question. It’s not a solution to the problem I’m highlighting as far as I understand.

“A reason that’s larger than life (atleast to him) and because he has the free will.”

Again I ask, what reason does Iblis has that is larger than life, larger than staying loyal to Allah?

“Does Iblees sounds sane or insane?”

Challenging Allah knowingly is insanity. That is the assumption in focus. So yes, he sounds insane to think that his superiority argument is going to do anything against Allah, who has an answer to everything, including Iblis’ nonsensical argument. Iblis will burn in Hell and he did this to himself on purpose, just like drinking poison. For what larger than life reason?

“I am sure u can not find the word stubborn in literature in the meaning u described”

You don’t need to. Just that the meaning you did find in literature doesn’t negate the one I’m offering. And honestly stubborn definition doesn’t fix the issue, it’s what course of action Iblis took, knowing well the consequence (eternal Hell) of said action. Saying it is to be stubborn, arrogant etc, seems to simply switch the goal post but the same problem still remains it seems, because you are explaining the mechanics of denial but still not as to why one choose such an ultimate self-destructive course of action.

That murderer would be insane/imbecile to think he can getaway only if he deny it long enough. He knows he can’t win.

Can you elaborate, it seems you are agreeing with me on one being insane if he chooses to be stubborn against an inevitable failure?

“Quran mentions that Kuffar will do the same denial business on judgment day.”

Isn’t that not out of desperation and hence it will not taken seriously? Unless you are saying that kafir will genuinely think that their denial on Judgment Day can save them then Iblis argument can be applied on them that they are insane?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 18, 2021 at 10:33 am

Brother first the discussion was about Itmam e hujjat

Now u r insisting that Iblees is insane in challenging Allah and because he is insane he can not be punished. I don’t understand this leap from metaphorical insanity to legal insanity.

U r not willing to accept the reason Quran giving u that his pride made him challenge Allah. Iblees’s pride and arrogance was bigger to him than Allah’s commandments. No matter what u or I say or anyone else say, this answer won’t change.,we have no source to confirm another alternative opinion.

Any other answer wouldn’t have the validation from the Quran therefore will be mere conjecture and of no consequence in this world or hereafter.

All the other examples the word stubborn etc is hypothetical and not worth discussing anymore cuz it’s not helpful to the real question

So I think I did itmam e hujjat the best way I could. I accept I do not have an answer for u and take my leave

May Allah satisfy ur intellectual queries and keep both of us on the right path

• Saad Aamir

Member July 18, 2021 at 11:03 am

Well on the ending note for our discussion I would say I do accept that pride is why Iblees challenged Allah, the concern is that it is not a complete answer in my opinion and I guess with how limited we are, we can’t understand how Allah is making His judgments but if there is a possibility to understand, I think I should strive to seek the answer, right? Because I think that what Ghamidi Sahab want us to do, to tackle any possible holes in our understanding.

Anyway.

Thank you for your time and patience in answering my queries to the best way you could since you have at least resolved half of the issue. And may Allah’s mercy and blessing be upon you.

• Umer

Moderator July 18, 2021 at 11:53 pm

We human beings in additon to being given a moral compass and a brain, have also been given ego, emotions, sexual tendencies, prejudices and biases, wishes and whims. It is becasue of these factors, when they cross a certain threshold, they cloud one’s judgement to a point where one ignores their moral compass in flow with these factors. We do not need to go back to see its application, we see it today even among Muslims who, despite their belief in heaven and hell and in the day of judgement, commit the kind of acts which tantamount to ‘sarkashi’ in front of God. Same muslim commits murder, indulges in polytheism and in religious circles, sometimes biaseness and prejudice takes you to a level where you start rejecting the truth despite knowing that it is the truth. Considering the human nature, it is not a farfetched idea when someone denies the truth, despite knowing it to be the truth.

Regarding Satan, please see following responses by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 35995 • Reply 36942

Discussion 35995 • Reply 37111

• Saad Aamir

Member July 19, 2021 at 5:09 am

This is what others have already said and I have already watched these videos you have suggested. In fact my original question is actually a criticism on this point of view so we need to move forward and deal with the real concern. Let me explain why these responses do not hold water for me.

A Muslim can knowingly sin despite knowing that sin is wrong but what is the consequences for most sins? A Muslim can knowingly break a traffic light and what will happen to him? When breaking the traffic light, was he 100% aware that he will burn in eternal Hell for doing so? No, Allah is not going put him in eternal Hell for merely breaking a traffic light, there is a possibility of Allah forgiving him, punishing him in this world as to avoid Hell or simply punish him in Hell temporary. Henceforth, A Muslim can knowingly sin because lack of absolute failure (like eternal Hell) and uncertain chance of said failure happening. This is by no mean, comparable to straight out “rebelling towards Allah”, because disobeying Allah is one thing but according to Ghamidi Sahab, what kafir do is sarkashi which the average Muslim can’t even think of (in his video of why Allah giving eternal punishment). Two cases can’t be compared if I understand. Another example of this can Iblis and Adam (AS), can you really say that Adam (AS) was sarkash like Iblis, for knowingly disobeying Allah?

Now the case of a kafir during the time of Rasool. If Itmam-e-Hujjat of that time means he is convinced that Rasool is from Allah and eternal Hell is response to any opposing act he does then assumption is that he would be insane to oppose Rasool let alone go to war with him. Or maybe assumption can be that Itmam-e-Hujjat does not convince a kafir but rather provide evidence that if kafir may ponder upon can come to accept the truth but then the kafir is only committing the intellectual dishonesty of not taking evidence seriously, he is no way “rebelling against Allah” because he genuinely thinks (no matter how wrong) that there is no Allah’s court happening in front of him. You can say that he is rebelling against Allah for rejecting his fitrat, his aqal etc but that would be to say that he is “indirectly” sarkash and I guess it is Allah’s business how he punishes “indirect” sarkashi but it is difficult to say that kafir is openly rebelling against Allah, he must be either insane or mistaken to welcome eternal Hell with open arms.

Lastly is the case of Iblis. If Iblis is aware that who Allah is, then Iblis rebelling against Him, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, is suicide. Iblis should know that he will burn in eternal hell for this YET he still does it. For what? Few seconds of pleasure from feeling arrogant? He is choosing eternal Hell for few seconds of feeling superior? This does not feel like a sane bargain. And this is not the same as you and I sinning knowingly nowadays because you and I MIGHT go to eternal Hell but what Iblis did was going to land him in eternal Hell with 200% chance, If it is insane of Iblis to do so then Allah shouldn’t punish him for insanity or maybe Iblis was mistaken and taking over by his arrogant/emotions then that is Jahalat, not sarkashi, right? And punishment for Jahalat being eternal Hell seems extreme in my opinion.

• Umer

Moderator July 19, 2021 at 5:52 pm

This notion is wrong that every Muslim will eventually go to Jannah. Only that Muslim who has never been ‘sarkash’ in front of God, has a chance that he might eventually go to Jannah, subjec to God’s mercy. There have been warnings of eternal hell for a murderer, polytheist, adulterer and one who usurps inheritance share of an entitled heir, irrespective of the perpetrator’s religion. It is true that there are Muslims who in their wrong perception commit such sins under hopes that they will eventually end up in Jannah (which itself can become a source of accountability for not knowing the basic tenets of religion and can tantamount to sarkashi itself if they ignored such advice from other Muslims around them from time to time), but at the same time, there are ones, who do such acts despite knowing the warnings of eternal hell. Sarkashi is not limited to any particular religion, sect or a race of human beings, sarkashi is an attitude which has a potential to manifest in any human being lest one chooses to respect the innate guidance within, adopts a balanced lifestyle as required by religion where one achieves a moderate balance in one’s ego, wishes, emotions, and prejudice and biases (whether in the name of family or in the name of country). That is why Quran says:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُواْ عَنْهَا لاَ تُفَتَّحُ لَهُمْ أَبْوَابُ السَّمَاء وَلاَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى يَلِجَ الْجَمَلُ فِي سَمِّ الْخِيَاطِ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُجْرِمِينَ لَهُم مِّن جَهَنَّمَ مِهَادٌ وَمِن فَوْقِهِمْ غَوَاشٍ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الظَّالِمِينَ (7: 40-41)

Indeed those who denied Our revelations and evaded them in arrogance, the gates of heaven shall not be opened for them and neither shall they be able to enter Paradise except if a camel is able to pass through the eye of a needle. [This is their punishment] and thus do We punish the criminals. Hell shall be their bedding and the flames of Hell shall be their covering and in this way do We punish the evil-doers. (7:40-41)

Regarding Adam (sws) and Iblees, the only difference in case of Adam (sws) was the presence of repentence and absence of ‘Sarkashi’ in front of Allah. Had there been no repentence and no remorse shown by Adam (sws), it would’ve tantamount to Sarkashi as well and there would practically be no difference between the two.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 20, 2021 at 2:54 am

Of course the notion of Muslim eventually ending up in Jannah is wrong BUT Muslims who knowingly sins genuinely believe this. This is why they can easily be “sarkash” and in a way, you could see that this way of reasoning show some level of sanity since they genuinely believe (no matter how wrong/baseless) they can avoid a perfect failure (like eternal Hell) as the false belief of eventual Jannah removes their seriousness toward sarkash. People may warn them but I assume, they will never genuinely label themselves as sarkash and as such, calling them sarkash is not right in my opinion, if they openly admit that they are sarkash and happily embrace eternal Hell then I argue (as originally) that they must be insane or mistaken, who openly wants eternal Hell?

Regarding Adam (sws) and Iblees, the only difference in case of Adam (sws) was the presence of repentence and absence of ‘Sarkashi’ in front of Allah.

EXACTLY! This is what I am arguing. We and Adam (sws) are the same, we at the best, can be sarkash “behind Allah’s back” but what about Iblis. He is being sarkash in front of Allah, his case is entirely different and it is, as I argue, abnormal.

Qur’an says that he argues that “Allah, why should I prostrate to Adam (sws) when I am made of fire, he is of earth?”

But from where I am standing, he seems to be saying:

“Oh Allah, BURN ME IN HELL, I love eternal Hell! Please Please, put me in eternal Hell”

Sounds sane?

You can, again argue, some Muslims do this everyday. Yes, just like Adam (sws), but this is absence of “sarkashi” in front of Allah as you highlighted. Iblis seems insane or mistaken to happily do the act that will give him eternal Hell (which is totally unavoidable in his case because Allah is in front of him, there is no room for doubt like you and I) but nothing to gain but in face of such mistake or insanity, punishment shouldn’t be given, right?

• Altamash Ali

Member July 19, 2021 at 9:39 am

“Why would anyone reject the truth, why would anyone pick a fight with an Almighty being that is declaring 100% chance of eternal punishment”

1. i want to ask a simple question to questioner.. What do you think about guidance? is it something which means conclusion of some xyz topic? what you think is it something Objective that truly and really exist in every Human?.

If your answers are in negative, then listen,,, anything which doesn’t exist but you feel it as sign(ayah) in yourself is sent by God,…..

or by angels or by shayatan or by humans, but they all do by permission of God. and you yourself is human too, so count yourself by yourself in it too.

let’s talk about guidance, Guidance is always sent by God,

قُلْ هَلْ مِن شُرَكَآئِكُم مَّن يَهْدِىٓ إِلَى ٱلْحَقِّ ۚ قُلِ ٱللَّهُ يَهْدِى لِلْحَقِّ ۗ أَفَمَن يَهْدِىٓ إِلَى ٱلْحَقِّ أَحَقُّ أَن يُتَّبَعَ أَمَّن لَّا يَهِدِّىٓ إِلَّآ أَن يُهْدَىٰ ۖ فَمَا لَكُمْ كَيْفَ تَحْكُمُونَ

Say, “Are there of your ‘partners’ any who guides to the truth?” Say, “God guides to the truth. So is He who guides to the truth more worthy to be followed or he who guides not unless he is guided? Then what is [wrong] with you – how do you judge?”

-Quran 10:35

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now coming to your question.

Nor any disbeliever in God thinks to fight with God, nor God punishes anyone because he caught any traitor.

كَمَثَلِ ٱلشَّيْطَـٰنِ إِذْ قَالَ لِلْإِنسَـٰنِ ٱكْفُرْ فَلَمَّا كَفَرَ قَالَ إِنِّى بَرِىٓءٌ مِّنكَ إِنِّىٓ أَخَافُ ٱللَّهَ رَبَّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ

Their parable is that of Satan when he says to man: “Disbelieve,” but when he disbelieves, he says: “I am quit of you. Verily I fear God, the Lord of the Universe.”

-Quran 59:16

يَوْمَ يَغْشَىٰهُمُ ٱلْعَذَابُ مِن فَوْقِهِمْ وَمِن تَحْتِ أَرْجُلِهِمْ وَيَقُولُ ذُوقُوا۟ مَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ

On the Day the punishment will cover them from above them and from below their feet and it is said, “Taste [the result of] what you used to do.

-Quran 29:55

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some questions for you to think about!!!, what if some rapist have guidance then will he commit rape?

so why a rapist don’t receive guidance form God?

(well, i would answer rest of part of my answer tomorrow (if God wills) i gotta go right now.. until then read Quran from Surah maryam’s 75th Ayah )

Salam..

• Saad Aamir

Member July 19, 2021 at 11:06 am

1. i want to ask a simple question to questioner.. What do you think about guidance? is it something which means conclusion of some xyz topic? what you think is it something Objective that truly and really exist in every Human?.

I am not sure where you are going with this question but I am very interested to see where you are headed.

I think man has internal guidance given to Allah in terms of what is right or wrong, it isn’t perfect but it is a fact that man always deal in right or wrong regardless if his morality is flawed or not.

Secondly all divine guidance such as the Qur’an and whatever one correct guidance one may find in any other religious book being attributed to Allah, comes from Allah, I agree. Understanding of said guidance can be subjective i.e someone might think using alcohol in medicine is halal while another Muslim might think it is haram in every form. So guidance is objective but understanding of it can be subjective. It is more about if a person is intellectually, morally and spiritually satisfied with their current situation than being on objective truth because I think we are too limited to find absolute truth about everything.

Nor any disbeliever in God thinks to fight with God, nor God punishes anyone because he caught any traitor.

You quoted verse 59:16 and 29:55 but can you give your explanation of them that you wish me to ponder over?

what if some rapist have guidance then will he commit rape?

Depends on the guidance. An average rapist with simple guidance that rape is wrong but no guidance of day of judgment is likely to commit rape because chances of punishment is low.

A Muslim rapist has more difficulty in committing rape but can commit it under the impression that there is a possibility of forgiveness or they might justify that the rapist deserved it (as is the case of victim-blaming “I raped her because of what she was wearing or it is justified to rape non-muslims” example).

But no sane rapist would commit rape in front of a court judge or a law-abiding police officer (or group of police officers) because there is 100% chance of failure and punishment I assume.

so why a rapist don’t receive guidance form God?

I think a rapist that can be punished, has guidance from God but his rape does not equal to kufr, right? A rapist is a rapist, he is not a rebel of God, he is not challenging God openly. So he has guidance but he is not like kafir or Iblis that stood in front of God and challenged Him, for to challenge God in such a way is to receive guaranteed eternal Hell. An act of insanity I assume.

I have read Surah Maryam 75th ayat. What do you wish me to ponder over?

• Altamash Ali

Member July 20, 2021 at 7:44 am

Salam..

thanks for reading, but i didn’t said to ‘read surah maryam’s 75th Ayah’, but what i said “until then read Quran from Surah maryam’s 75th Ayah” I think that underline caused confusion…

anyway, i respect your feeling to read answer, but care to read from 75th to 87th ayah after reading this answer.

“Why would anyone reject the truth”

a baby born, what he feel is air, it’s knowledge is inbuilt in him. he recognized it’s necessity and strived for it, And Simultaneously God gave him guidance of how to breath. and at the time when baby have guidance from God, baby doesn’t look at any other thing but only toward what he have been guided by God.

and there’s promise from God

وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلْإِنسَـٰنِ إِلَّا مَا سَعَىٰ

and that Human shall have nothing but what he has striven for

-Quran 53:39

And I quote how Adam (pbuh) was guided by God.

ثُمَّ ٱجْتَبَـٰهُ رَبُّهُۥ فَتَابَ عَلَيْهِ وَهَدَىٰ

Thereafter his Lord exalted him, accepted his repentance, and bestowed guidance upon him,

-Quran 20:122

Guidance is not knowledge, guidance is like path, you can’t be guided and misguided by God at same time.

all the things that you see is commanded by God, your chair, earth, sky, everything for them is only one way which is to obey god

But jinns and humans are free to do anything they want unless they are punished by azab or they will reach the hour, because God gave them permission

يَسْـَٔلُهُۥ مَن فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ ۚ كُلَّ يَوْمٍ هُوَ فِى شَأْنٍۢ

Whoever is within the heavens and earth asks Him; every day He is in [i.e., bringing about] a matter.

-Quran 55:29

assume, earth thought that he is superior than sky then will God punish the earth? No, God only punish for wrongdoing (zulm). earth asked “i do not want to be with sky anymore give me permission” and God didn’t permitted it.

Now think what if similiarly God would not have permitted Iblis time until Qayamat. but God do permitted him, why?” كُلَّ يَوْمٍ هُوَ فِى شَأْنٍۢ every day He is in [i.e., bringing about] a matter.”

and everything asks God for their needs. and he do what he wills. why was Shaytan arrogant?? more likely he don’t pay heed to Signs of God, (read further to understand)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so here is answer :-

God doesn’t show people signs of him when they are heedless of them, in absence of signs they remain in state of Astray ( الضَّلَالَةِ), in state of Astray they do wrong either with themselves or with others, and God doesn’t guide wrongdoers. and listen there is punishment only for wrongdoers.

سَأَصْرِفُ عَنْ ءَايَـٰتِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ يَتَكَبَّرُونَ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ بِغَيْرِ ٱلْحَقِّ وَإِن يَرَوْا۟ كُلَّ ءَايَةٍ لَّا يُؤْمِنُوا۟ بِهَا وَإِن يَرَوْا۟ سَبِيلَ ٱلرُّشْدِ لَا يَتَّخِذُوهُ سَبِيلًا وَإِن يَرَوْا۟ سَبِيلَ ٱلْغَىِّ يَتَّخِذُوهُ سَبِيلًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَذَّبُوا۟ بِـَٔايَـٰتِنَا وَكَانُوا۟ عَنْهَا غَـٰفِلِينَ

I will turn away from My signs those who are arrogant upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of consciousness,1 they will not adopt it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they have denied Our signs and they were heedless of them.

-Quran 7:146

قُلْ مَن كَانَ فِى ٱلضَّلَـٰلَةِ فَلْيَمْدُدْ لَهُ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنُ مَدًّا ۚ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا رَأَوْا۟ مَا يُوعَدُونَ إِمَّا ٱلْعَذَابَ وَإِمَّا ٱلسَّاعَةَ فَسَيَعْلَمُونَ مَنْ هُوَ شَرٌّ مَّكَانًا وَأَضْعَفُ جُندًا

Say, “Whoever is in error – let the Most Merciful extend for him an extension [in wealth and time] until, when they see that which they were promised – either punishment [in this world] or the Hour [of resurrection] – they will come to know who is worst in position and weaker in soldiers.”

-Quran 19:75

وَمَنْ أَضَلُّ مِمَّنِ ٱتَّبَعَ هَوَىٰهُ بِغَيْرِ هُدًى مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ

And who is more astray than one who follows his desire without guidance from God? Indeed, God does not guide the wrongdoing people.

-Quran 28:50

بَلْ هُوَ ءَايَـٰتٌۢ بَيِّنَـٰتٌ فِى صُدُورِ ٱلَّذِينَ أُوتُوا۟ ٱلْعِلْمَ ۚ وَمَا يَجْحَدُ بِـَٔايَـٰتِنَآ إِلَّا ٱلظَّـٰلِمُونَ

Rather, it [i.e., the Qur’ān, guidance of prophet or some xyz sign in nature] is distinct signs within the breasts of those who have been given knowledge. And none reject Our verses except the wrongdoers.

-Quran 29:49

وَقُلِ ٱلْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكُمْ ۖ فَمَن شَآءَ فَلْيُؤْمِن وَمَن شَآءَ فَلْيَكْفُرْ ۚ إِنَّآ أَعْتَدْنَا لِلظَّـٰلِمِينَ نَارًا أَحَاطَ بِهِمْ سُرَادِقُهَا ۚ وَإِن يَسْتَغِيثُوا۟ يُغَاثُوا۟ بِمَآءٍ كَٱلْمُهْلِ يَشْوِى ٱلْوُجُوهَ ۚ بِئْسَ ٱلشَّرَابُ وَسَآءَتْ مُرْتَفَقًا

And say, “The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills – let him believe; and whoever wills – let him disbelieve.” Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.

-Quran 18:29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some side talk..

someone may ask, we are in world because of shaytan right?? but you didn’t even mentioned his name in above answer. he have no role to misguide us? and caused us to hide truth..

no, you are not in this world because of shaytan. (another topic)

Role of shaytan :-

if someone is have guidance of God then shaytan can never rule over guided one, yeah he do try to give some ideas in matter in which person is uncertain or astrayed, but all of satanic idea is quite weak and flawed and without basic ground..

إِنَّ كَيْدَ الشَّيْطَانِ كَانَ ضَعِيفًا

Surely Satan’s strategy is weak.

-Quran 4:76

assume a person stopped paying heed to signs of God( in nature and inself) then in state of Astray satan try to rule over person as he always do with every person in their uncertain matters, (satan are from jinns and humans both)

but at this time the person do not have guidance so he really can’t measure what is wrong and what actually is right.. and satan try to show him some of his fake signs

In quran this situation is..

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ارْتَدُّوا عَلَىٰ أَدْبَارِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَى ۙ الشَّيْطَانُ سَوَّلَ لَهُمْ وَأَمْلَىٰ لَهُمْ ‎﴿٢٥﴾‏ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا لِلَّذِينَ كَرِهُوا مَا نَزَّلَ اللَّهُ سَنُطِيعُكُمْ فِي بَعْضِ الْأَمْرِ ۖ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِسْرَارَهُمْ ‎﴿٢٦﴾

Indeed, those who reverted back after guidance had become clear to them – Satan enticed them and prolonged hope for them. (25) That is because they said to those who disliked what Allah sent down, “We will obey you in part of the matter.” And Allah knows what they conceal. (26)

-Quran 47:25

‘obey you in part of matter’ they did because they were is state of astray.

and after this satan teaches them wrong things and person commit wrong things, and there is possiblity that person will become satan too. ( have you seen how addiction spread?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and if a person itself not only ignore the signs of God but one step further disbelieve in his particular sign then God itself send satan to that person.

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّآ أَرْسَلْنَا ٱلشَّيَـٰطِينَ عَلَى ٱلْكَـٰفِرِينَ تَؤُزُّهُمْ أَزًّا

Do you not see that We have sent the devils upon the disbelievers, inciting them with incitement?

-Quran 19:83

God sends satan? but why ?? god is good right?

yes God is merciful, and satan only suggest them worst of ideas, try to get information of those who take benefit from satan and those who try to submit to satan their soul.

what satan really do is he slowly slowly give worst of ideas, and do you think any person can go down to that level of depth of evil? so satan’s suggestion may help the person to reconsider his decision and to think about God’s guidance! but if person consist with satan then “indeed worst of creationin near God are those who don’t use reason”-Quran 8:22

Salam..

you may ask questions if you have any…

• Altamash Ali

Member July 20, 2021 at 8:42 am

EDIT**

قُلْ مَن كَانَ فِى ٱلضَّلَـٰلَةِ فَلْيَمْدُدْ لَهُ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنُ مَدًّا ۚ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا رَأَوْا۟ مَا يُوعَدُونَ إِمَّا ٱلْعَذَابَ وَإِمَّا ٱلسَّاعَةَ فَسَيَعْلَمُونَ مَنْ هُوَ شَرٌّ مَّكَانًا وَأَضْعَفُ جُندًا

Say, “Whoever is in astray* – let the Most Merciful extend for him an extension [in wealth and time] until, when they see that which they were promised – either punishment [in this world] or the Hour [of resurrection] – they will come to know who is worst in position and weaker in soldiers.”

-Quran 19:75

right translation would be astray for ٱلضَّلَـٰلَةِ not error..

• Saad Aamir

Member July 20, 2021 at 10:11 am

Excellent explanation. I believe this is how I also understood this when I was first reading the Qur’an. It is only after encountering Ghamidi Sahab point of view that lead me to this query that I have mentioned.

However there is still one thing I want to ask.

It seems Iblis is disobeying God, even though God is right in front of Him, is due to God not guiding him so he became arrogant without right. This is why Iblis does something that seems irrational, to pick a fight with the Almighty Himself!

But then what is the actual crime of Iblis? I.e God can’t be punishing him for rebelling against Him since he does seems to be out of his mind at that point and according to Qur’an 7:146, 28:50, 29:49 you quoted God does not guide wrong-doers. So what kind of wrong-doer was Iblis for which God refused to guide him?

This means:

1. Iblis did something wrong ——> 2. God’s guidance was forbidden to him so he became arrogant ——> 3.Arrogant enough to stand against God right in front of Him which is crazy.

But the third step here seems to be happening because God refused to guide Iblis so he ended up dooming himself to God’s wrath therefore this third step is not necessarily punishable by God since Iblis’ sense of direction is lost, he is misguided, he is loss, can’t see things straight at that third step.

My understanding from what you are saying is that Iblis ignored his fitrah, he ignored his ability to see God’s signs and couldn’t earn God’s guidance in the process. Therefore God allowed him to become arrogant and become rebellious enough to do the insane thing that he did.

So it seems God is punishing Iblis for not heeding the signs of God, not because he is a traitor to God, right? (Because outright betrayal of God is too crazy for someone to do if one has guidance).

• Altamash Ali

Member July 22, 2021 at 9:42 am

salam..,

yesterday was eid, and yeah this was the reason for one day gap.. What you think with ease comes hardship? or only with “hardship comes ease?” (Quran 94:5)

“God not guiding iblis so he became arrogant without right.”

Brother, read the 7:146 again, ‘arrogance without truth or right’ is result due to denying(كَذَّبُوا) of signs & not paying heed toward signs.

and read 29:49, only wrongdoers deny( يَجْحَدُ) the signs.

and why a person become wrongdoer??

because,

good question, here i want to quote the quran,, when more likely Yusuf pbuh said

إِنَّ النَّفْسَ لَأَمَّارَةٌ بِالسُّوءِ إِلَّا مَا رَحِمَ رَبِّي ۚ إِنَّ رَبِّي غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

Indeed, the self is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except those upon which my Lord has mercy. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful.”

-Quran 12:53

&

&

وَلَقَدْ هَمَّتْ بِهِۦ ۖ وَهَمَّ بِهَا لَوْلَآ أَن رَّءَا بُرْهَـٰنَ رَبِّهِۦ ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ لِنَصْرِفَ عَنْهُ ٱلسُّوٓءَ وَٱلْفَحْشَآءَ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ٱلْمُخْلَصِينَ

And she certainly determined [to seduce] him, and he would have inclined to her had he not seen the proof [i.e., signs and how it works] of his Lord. And thus [it was] that We should avert from him evil and immorality. Indeed, he was of Our pure servants.

-Quran 12:24 ; here the word burhan is used, not sign (ayah)

only noticing sign (Ayah) doesn’t avert the immorality if it come near to you, . E.g. do you see how many people know about the cancer due to alcohol, but do it help them to not to drink?

No. But when they know and verify by seeing others or by their senses that how it works and it’s concequences then you would not find a single person with alcohol. Mostly these types of person are those who study it, & people who are in this business & those who are been warned by Messengers & those who are diagnosed by cancer or social concequences they know how it works. This is بُرْهَـٰنَ from God.

if you don’t have proof(بُرْهَـٰنَ), then the moment wrong things will approch a person, that person fall in it. and self enjoys evil.

and evil exist in every creation, Read Surah Falaq..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

about iblis

brother i gtg rn, but i think above writing would help you.

if god wills tomorrow i’ll answer, rest of it.. until then try to think can we be arrogant in which we have right?? because 7:146 only stop us to arrogance without right, so in which matters we have right to be arrogant? (word used is haq means truth or right)

and the question that i asked at first.. on top..

Salam…

• Saad Aamir

Member July 22, 2021 at 11:10 am

Again, excellent explanation.

I will wait patiently for the rest of your answer. Please take your time.

• Altamash Ali

Member July 23, 2021 at 9:39 am

Salam!!

أَعـوذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْـطانِ الرَّجيـم

Iblis,

who is he? A creation, made up of fire.. and among jinn (Quran 7:12 & 18:50)

what Quran is?

شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَىٰ وَالْفُرْقَانِ ۚ

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the Humans and clear proofs of guidance and criterion.

-Quran 2:185

so for rest of world’s creation & for rest of worlds (الْعَالَمِينَ) this Quran is what?

فَأَيْنَ تَذْهَبُونَ ‎﴿٢٦﴾‏ إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا ذِكْرٌ لِّلْعَالَمِينَ ‎﴿٢٧﴾‏ لِمَن شَاءَ مِنكُمْ أَن يَسْتَقِيمَ ‎﴿٢٨﴾‏ وَمَا تَشَاءُونَ إِلَّا أَن يَشَاءَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ ‎﴿٢٩﴾‏

So where are you going? (26) It is not except a reminder to the worlds (27) For whoever wills among you to take a straight course. (28) And you do not will except that Allah wills – Lord of the worlds. (29)

-Quran ; Surah Takwir. ….. ; Masterpiece & how beautifully it condensed the longness… indeed ‘ إِنَّ أَحْسَنَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ، وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ ; best of report (hadith) is book of God. and best of Guidance is Guidance of Muhammadﷺ (bukhari : 6098)

so yes, this(Quran and whatever was with prophet) is nothing but ‘a reminder to the worlds ذِكْرٌ لِّلْعَالَمِينَ ‘, also for jinns

And for Humans this Qur’an is revealed from messengers among them (3:164), So basically it’s for them, A guidance and ‘Clear proof( بَيِّنَاتٍ) for their guidance ‘ and it’s a Criterion for them.

why all this I writing? Because, iblis is more likely not from among us,

but, Jinns shall have nothing but ??????????????? ?

Do you know answer for this? or do u have to know this?? then for what?

ثُمَّ أَدْبَرَ وَاسْتَكْبَرَ ‎﴿٢٣﴾‏ فَقَالَ إِنْ هَٰذَا إِلَّا سِحْرٌ يُؤْثَرُ ‎﴿٢٤﴾‏ إِنْ هَٰذَا إِلَّا قَوْلُ الْبَشَرِ ‎﴿٢٥﴾‏ سَأُصْلِيهِ سَقَرَ ‎﴿٢٦﴾‏ وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا سَقَرُ ‎﴿٢٧﴾‏ لَا تُبْقِي وَلَا تَذَرُ ‎﴿٢٨﴾‏ لَوَّاحَةٌ لِّلْبَشَرِ ‎﴿٢٩﴾‏ عَلَيْهَا تِسْعَةَ عَشَرَ ‎﴿٣٠﴾‏ وَمَا جَعَلْنَا أَصْحَابَ النَّارِ إِلَّا مَلَائِكَةً ۙ وَمَا جَعَلْنَا عِدَّتَهُمْ إِلَّا فِتْنَةً لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِيَسْتَيْقِنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ وَيَزْدَادَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِيمَانًا ۙ وَلَا يَرْتَابَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ ۙ وَلِيَقُولَ الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِم مَّرَضٌ وَالْكَافِرُونَ مَاذَا أَرَادَ اللَّهُ بِهَٰذَا مَثَلًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يُضِلُّ اللَّهُ مَن يَشَاءُ وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ جُنُودَ رَبِّكَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۚ وَمَا هِيَ إِلَّا ذِكْرَىٰ لِلْبَشَرِ ‎﴿٣١﴾‏

Then he turned back and was arrogant (23) And said, “This is not but magic imitated [from others]. (24) This is not but the word of a human being.” (25) I will drive him into Saqar. (26) And what can make you know what is Saqar? (27) It lets nothing remain and leaves nothing [unburned], (28) Blackening the skins. (29) Over it are nineteen. (30) And We have not made the keepers of the Fire except angels. And We have not made their number except as a trial for those who disbelieve – that those who were given the Scripture will be convinced and those who have believed will increase in faith and those who were given the Scripture and the believers will not doubt and that those in whose hearts is hypocrisy and the disbelievers will say, “What does Allah intend by this as an example?” Thus does Allah leave astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none knows the soldiers of your Lord except Him. And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity. (31)

-Surah Muddathir ; care to read whole Surah,

wanting to share a Hasan hadith,

قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ “‏ سَلُوا اللَّهَ عِلْمًا نَافِعًا وَتَعَوَّذُوا بِاللَّهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لاَ يَنْفَعُ ‏”‏ ‏.‏

the Messenger of God said: “Ask God for beneficial knowledge and seek refuge with Allah from knowledge that is of no benefit.”

Sunan Ibn Majah : 3843

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahead of this, all of the talkings are side talk and more of scholar’s assumptions and mine too, due to One Clear Quran’s ayah for me,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

The Clear Quran’s verses that is Ayah(sign) for me is :-

قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا مُنذِرٌ ۖ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَٰهٍ إِلَّا اللَّهُ الْوَاحِدُ الْقَهَّارُ ‎﴿٦٥﴾‏ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ ‎﴿٦٦﴾‏ قُلْ هُوَ نَبَأٌ عَظِيمٌ ‎﴿٦٧﴾‏ أَنتُمْ عَنْهُ مُعْرِضُونَ ‎﴿٦٨﴾‏ مَا كَانَ لِيَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ بِالْمَلَإِ الْأَعْلَىٰ إِذْ يَخْتَصِمُونَ ‎﴿٦٩﴾‏ إِن يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ إِلَّا أَنَّمَا أَنَا نَذِيرٌ مُّبِينٌ ‎﴿٧٠﴾

Say, “I am only a warner, and there is not any deity except God, the One, the Prevailing. (65) Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, the Exalted in Might, the Perpetual Forgiver.” (66) Say, “It is great news (67) From which you turn away. (68) I had no knowledge of the exalted assembly when they were disputing (69) It has not been revealed to me except that I am a clear warner.” (70)

–Quran 38:65-70 ; Surah Sād

الْمَلَإِ الْأَعْلَىٰthe exalted assembly

Prophetﷺ don’t know about it, nor it was revealed to him, nor it is beneficial, nor it is part of guidance in Humanity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But i want to mention a hadith, i don’t know if it is Truth or not, nor i confirm it, nor i reject it, i don’t know, just read it.

Classified as Sahih by Al-albani..

God’s Messenger as saying:

I saw my Lord in the most beautiful form, and God said, “What do the Exalted assembly dispute about in near?” I replied,” Thou knowest best.” Then He placed the palm of His hand between my shoulder-blades and I felt the coolness of it between my nipples! Then I knew what was in the heavens and the earth. And he recited, “Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, and it was so that he might have certainty (Al-Qur’an; 6:75).’’

– Mishkat al-masabih : 725

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for this Ayah, Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi in his Tafhim al-Qur’an wrote down that

“This is the explanation of the dispute referred to about, and the dispute implies Satan’s dispute with God, as becomes evident from the verses that follow. In this regard, one should bear in mind the fact that “the exalted ones” implies the angels, and the dialogue between Allah and Satan was not direct but it took place through some angel. Therefore, no one should have the misunderstanding that Allah also was included among the exalted ones.”

but is it the fact that angles are exalted one?? no one knows..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, i am going to more weak sources,, other books,in which you will get story of fallen angel, you can get by yourself..

what you think satan will be punished? in fire? isn’t it satan made up of fire?

Final words..

وَمَا خَلَقْنَا ٱلسَّمَآءَ وَٱلْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا بَـٰطِلًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ ظَنُّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ ۚ فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ مِنَ ٱلنَّارِ

And We did not create the sky and the earth and that between them aimlessly. That is the assumption of those who disbelieve, so woe to those who disbelieve from the Fire.

-Quran 38:27

وَقَالُوا لِجُلُودِهِمْ لِمَ شَهِدتُّمْ عَلَيْنَا ۖ قَالُوا أَنطَقَنَا اللَّهُ الَّذِي أَنطَقَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ خَلَقَكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ ‎﴿٢١﴾‏ وَمَا كُنتُمْ تَسْتَتِرُونَ أَن يَشْهَدَ عَلَيْكُمْ سَمْعُكُمْ وَلَا أَبْصَارُكُمْ وَلَا جُلُودُكُمْ وَلَٰكِن ظَنَنتُمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَعْلَمُ كَثِيرًا مِّمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ ‎﴿٢٢﴾‏ وَذَٰلِكُمْ ظَنُّكُمُ الَّذِي ظَنَنتُم بِرَبِّكُمْ أَرْدَاكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم مِّنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ ‎﴿٢٣﴾

And they will say to their skins, “Why have you testified against us?” They will say, “We were made to speak by God, who has made everything speak; and He created you the first time, and to Him you are returned. (21) And you were not covering yourselves, lest your hearing testify against you or your sight or your skins, but you assumed that Allah does not know much of what you do. (22) And that was your assumption which you assumed about your Lord. It has brought you to ruin, and you have become among the losers.” (23)

-Quran surah fussilat.

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْآخِرَةِ لَيُسَمُّونَ الْمَلَائِكَةَ تَسْمِيَةَ الْأُنثَىٰ ‎﴿٢٧﴾‏ وَمَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ ۖ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ ۖ وَإِنَّ الظَّنَّ لَا يُغْنِي مِنَ الْحَقِّ شَيْئًا ‎﴿٢٨﴾‏

Indeed, those who do not believe in the Hereafter name the angels female names, (27) And they have thereof no knowledge. They follow not except assumption, and indeed, assumption avails not against the truth at all. (28)

-Quran 53:27

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ ٱدْخُلُوا۟ فِى ٱلسِّلْمِ كَآفَّةً وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا۟ خُطُوَٰتِ ٱلشَّيْطَـٰنِ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ

O you who have believed, Submit yourself completely and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.

-Quran 2:208

Salam.. and ‘i gtg’ does not mean ‘i need time’

And i don’t know about fitrah of Jinns, and what is rule of God for their guidance.

• Saad Aamir

Member July 23, 2021 at 10:26 am

Thank you. I believe I have understood your point and my question has been answered.

• Altamash Ali

Member July 24, 2021 at 7:38 am

salam…

The question was answered before Eid, the length that was stretched further was more likely because of one of these things from which Nabiﷺ used to seek refuge of God

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say: “O God, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard.

Sunan Abi Dawud : 1548 ; calssified as Sahih by Albani

all of these 4 things are interrelated…..

and hence was my questions, if any person have a thought in mind that there is hardship with ease, then he more likely assuming and trying create hardness in his subjectivity while he actually is in relatively easy environment & hence fall in overthinking,

if any person think there is ease in every matter for him then that person is ignoring his reality and his duties…

there is hardship and ease in every matter, But

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا ‎﴿٥﴾‏ إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا ‎﴿٦﴾‏ فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَانصَبْ ‎﴿٧﴾‏ وَإِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ فَارْغَب ‎﴿٨﴾‏

For indeed, with hardship, ease. (5) Indeed, with hardship, ease. (6) So when you have finished, then done your duty. (7) And to your Lord direct [your] longing. (8)

-Quran ; surah as-Sharh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

the 2nd answer is,, we have right to be arrogant in every matter we have no knowledge of.

have you ever looked at your chair, do it like to work with you or it does not? you don’t hear it, hence there is no blame over you.

have you ever thought are you arrogant toward your mom when you sleep?

sulayman (Pbuh) heard Ants, and hudhud, all these are so small things, a king may ignore them, but he was righteous & a Nabi too.

can sulayman (pbuh) sacrifice the hudhud or ants? no, he can’t unless those animals are agree with him. You may have read why ismail pbuh said, “O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if God wills, of the steadfast.”

and Ibrihim was not of arrogants

and you want to read then read,,

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to stand by a stem of a date-palm tree (while delivering a sermon). When the pulpit was placed for him we heard that stem crying like a pregnant she-camel till the Prophet (ﷺ) got down from the pulpit and placed his hand over it.

-Sahih al-Bukhari : 918

the moment you will know about jinn’s fitrah and their rules about their guidance and their matters, and then you become arrogant to them, then indeed that arrogance will be without right.

right now you are arrogant with many things. and because they are speechless or u can’t understand them, you are not blamed for it… one of these are today God came to lowest sky and asked people,,

“Who supplicates Me so that I may answer him? Who asks Me so that I may give to him? Who asks Me forgiveness so that I may forgive him?”

-Sahih Muslim : 758

but just think now, how many human tongue is expressing their feelings, and are you arrogant to them?

just Stand with truth,

سورة العصر Al-Asr

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

وَالْعَصْرِ ‎﴿١﴾‏ إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ ‎﴿٢﴾‏ إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ ‎﴿٣﴾‏

By time, (1) Indeed, mankind is in loss, (2) Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience. (3)

Salam….

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register