Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Why Only Five Daily Prayers And Their Proof In Quran

Tagged: ,

• Why Only Five Daily Prayers And Their Proof In Quran

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Dawar Hussain

Moderator October 10, 2021 at 3:39 am

I’ve shared a link below for you to go through it. It gives a comprehensive response to your question. I hope it helps.

Discussion 47159

• Mubeena Imtiaz

Member October 10, 2021 at 5:42 am

I went through the discussion, So the Quran has no mention of 5 daily prayers?

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator October 10, 2021 at 6:33 am

Quran is not the source of prayer/salat/namaz as it has been elaborated in the thread I posted earlier. There are two sources of Islam i.e., Sunnah of the prophets and the Quran (both come from the only source – Muhammad SAW). Quran mentions prayer (and many other rituals like Fasting, Hajj, Zakat) as known practices.

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator October 10, 2021 at 6:05 am

To get an answer to your question ‘why do we have to pray 5 times a day’ please watch this video. It helped me to understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1uyX2KXBY4

Why do we need to do Iba’dat (pray/namaz/worship etc) – please watch for whole 6 minutes but specifically from 4:15 onward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lScAMPOJzuY

• Mubeena Imtiaz

Member October 10, 2021 at 8:45 am

I understand the importance of Namaz and forming a connection with our Lord. There is no doubt about that.

I sometimes feel like praying at a random time because I feel the need to form a connection with Allah. But, as I was going through Quran, I never came across praying 5 times hence I was curious.

If one is connected to Allah and trying their best to follow the path of Allah. Isn’t that sufficient? Why does one have to pray at a specific time? (I learnt it has been passed upon us through Prophet and his Sunnah but sometime It occurs to me that why prayer is limited to those set time? Why can’t we just pray at any time of the day?)

I may sound absurd, but I am quite uncertain about some of our practices.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 10, 2021 at 10:57 am

Salat is not limited to five times a day. One can make salat almost at any time during the day or night in addition to the five obligatory prayers.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register