Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Removing Nasal Mucus, Dirt Under The Nails And Eye Crusts For Wudu

Tagged: 

• Removing Nasal Mucus, Dirt Under The Nails And Eye Crusts For Wudu

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on October 17, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Asalamoalaikum

Some religious figures put a strong emphasis on ensuring that water reaches every part of the body during wudu. However, how far does one need to go in ensuring that they are free of barriers? Is it a must to ensure there isn’t any solid residue in the nose, nails or eyes? And is it okay if I remove these residues during wudu, such as by removing solid nasal mucus (boogers) from my nose while it is being rinsed?

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Removing Nasal Mucus, Dirt Under The Nails And Eye Crusts For Wudu

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 17, 2021 at 6:30 pm

If you notice any such thing, you can remove it. One thing which needs to be kept in mind is that you need to let it all happen in a natural way. You’re performing ablution, and during that, you notice anything and you remove it.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 18, 2021 at 5:04 pm

JazakAllah Mr. Umer Qureshi. But say I finish wudu and then realize my nose was nearly shut off due to nasal mucus, wouldn’t this mean that the water has no reached my nostrils fully – isn’t that a condition of wudu? Or if anything else that I’ve mentioned is left behind.

When I’m naturally washing myself, I don’t tend to focus on each nail and nostril and particle of eye crust.

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2021 at 3:24 pm

If you find something later on after you finish your Wuzu, you can simply clean it. This doesn’t render your wuzu ineffective. The condition is to pour water on these body parts, achieving complete purity is not a condition.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 20, 2021 at 7:19 pm

JazakAllah for your answer. Are there any videos by Ghamidi Sahb that you recommend I watch on wudu and prayer?

• Umer

Moderator October 21, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Video in the following link adds very useful insight on Wuzu:

Discussion 32078 • Reply 32120

And videos in the following thread are helpful regarding issues surrounding Salah:

Discussion 56931

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 21, 2021 at 5:19 pm

JazakAllah I will take a look.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 8, 2021 at 10:27 pm

These natural residues do not stop water to penetrate the body. So if one finds later some residue still there wudu is still valid..

Do things in natural way. Don’t bother much about such things.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 9, 2021 at 9:25 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad!

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 27, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Can these things, like nasal mucus, dirt under nails, eye crusts, ear wax, etc. be ignored for ghusl too?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 28, 2021 at 11:54 pm

ignore means that not to bother about water reach the body even if some of them remains still there after Ghusal, yes.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 29, 2021 at 8:37 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. So that means that water will reach the entire body even if these things are all there? This is the reason why I can ignore them, correct?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 30, 2021 at 3:09 am

yes

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 30, 2021 at 11:15 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 3, 2021 at 5:02 am

Also Dr. Irfan Shahzad, is it the same case with earwax? I wash my ears many times during ghusl but for some reason I sometimes see tiny specks present on my finger.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 8, 2021 at 3:29 am

such things which our body produces are same in the sense, that none prevents water to penetrate

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 12, 2022 at 10:45 am

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

So even if these natural residues are solid and hard, they will not be able to prevent water from penetrating the body (during wudu and ghusl)?

If you can please clarify.

JazakAllah!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 8, 2021 at 4:24 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register