Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Purpose Of Life

Tagged: , ,

• Purpose Of Life

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on November 14, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Assalamualaikum

When it is asked that what’s the purpose of life so we get the answer that God says that”And I did not create human and jinns except that they should worship Me”,but this doesn’t fully satisfy. Like He is all-powerful,if He would need worship so there are angels and all that. i) But I think here i am not understanding God in a right way. As far as i have concept of the omnipotent God in my mind like how it can be only worship and our test the purpose of our creation.(as said in Quran “Who created death and life that He may try you to see which of you is best in deeds,and He is All-Mighty as well as All-Forgiving”).To be open a concept of playing God or funny God comes in mind.

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Purpose Of Life

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • ودود

Member November 14, 2021 at 6:06 pm

What makes God a god is because He is the Creator and He owns everything He has created. All other attributes of God such as Rahman and Raheem etc become meaningless if He has not created anything and he is all alone as there wont be any objects to apply His attributes. Therefore we can say just like all living things work for their survival, God is also busy creating things all the time for His survival (not as an entity but) as a god.

God has triggered the creation process out of nothing with his words “kun” and assigned roles to all of His creations as co-creators – some as fillers, pushers, reactors, regulators, replicators and makers etc. However, the designers role He kept to Himself until he decided to create human and empowered man with fee will (cognitive ability) and control over earthly resources and send him in a hostile environment where he faces many challenges and in response to those challenges invents solutions and makes contribution to the overall creation process. So that is the purpose of our life and solutions we create are the ‘good deeds’ referred to in sura al-mulk.

The freewill is a dangerous tool and can be misuse. It is equally effective in destruction. That was the concern of angels when God announced his decision to create man with free will. So whether we use it for construction or destruction that is our test on Earth. If we have a God conscious mind (meaning use our free will only to please God) we wont do anything destructive.

Similarly, if we avoid the sins leading to injustice as given in surah Alaraaf we wont destroy the trust of others needed to team up and co-create. Thats because, as an individual, man is good for nothing as he cant even invent a straw.

The the co-creation process requires we share our resources with others if we begin to hoard resources no projects can be delivered and therefore, nothing can be created. Thats why there is so much emphasis on infaq or spending in Quran and hoarding or wasting resources is forbidden.

Prayers and all other rituals help us stay God conscious thru out the day so at no moment specially doing business dealings we don’t forget God and start doing injustice to others leading to breakups and project failures. all the resources God has given us under ahad e amana are supposed to be spent according to the will of god and that is called worship or service of God as workers on Earth. Serving God is the worship God has created jinn and man for.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 14, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Thanks for answering.But according to the concept of God who is Omnipotent i have in mind.How can this be befitted to the God that He creates anything just to manifest His power etc.

Can get some video of Ghamidi sahab because he takes thing from its base and explains in simple words.

• ودود

Member November 15, 2021 at 12:16 am

While there are many videos on Tazkia Nafs for being the purpose of deen or life from Sir Ghamidi – the above inference is my own art work. However, both are some what aligned:

Since God rewards us on our individual efforts and not the results, our accountability is on Tazkia Nafs as a member of the community. The effectiveness of community or team depends on effectiveness of its members. If all of us attain tazkia nafs we will become an effective members of the society that would help excel in good works. However, if some members fail to do so the community may also fail to solve their problems but as an individual we will still be rewarded in the eyes of God if we have attained tzkia e nafs, meaning have done our best.

• ودود

Member November 15, 2021 at 12:20 am

I didnt say that God is creating things just to manifest his powers. I said creation is a primary godly function as all other attributes depend on it. This is why God is a creator. If there is some other reason for God being a creator, that wouldn’t affect the theory.

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2021 at 4:25 am

Please refer to the following responses by Ghamidi Sahab regarding life and purpose of human creation:

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37854

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37855

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37856

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37857

Ibadah‘ is a very broader term encompassing almost every sphere of life and is a feeling and acknowledgement that emanates from within a human being and is manifested in one’s actions as an expression of one’s complete submissiveness to Allah. This requires some in-depth understanding of the word ‘ibadah’, which following videos will greatly help in grasping it.

Discussion 32787 • Reply 32790

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register