Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Meaning Of Life

Tagged: 

• Meaning Of Life

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on November 22, 2021 at 10:10 am

Assalamualaikum

How does Ghamidi sahab explains meaning of life through logic and rationality? Like today’s philosophy emphasizes much on meaningless of life. ii) And can we know through rationality that Allah made humans for His worship? Or Prophets are needed for that?

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Meaning Of Life

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • ودود

Member November 22, 2021 at 6:01 pm

In my view as a student, everything that exists in the universe is working for the Creator by playing a role in creation. Most of them have no ability to deviate from their given roles. Human role in co-creation as a designer required freewill with an innate urge to use the given resources to design and innovate things we need. Since the freewill can also be misused for destruction rather than construction, Allah send us his guidance and warned us not to use the freewill other than to excel in good works. Those who use freewill to achieve their personal motives by unfair means will fail the test. Any kind of injustice and tyranny destroys trust and conducive environment that is essential for co-creation.

In short the meaning of life is to pick up a need or a problem that is affecting lives of people in your own social circles or community and kickstart working on finding and co-creating a solution using the resources Allah has given on your and your teams disposal.

In order to become an effective team member, everyone of us should strive hard to develop certain personal traits called ‘tazkia e Nafs’. It is important because our accountability in the hereafter is not whether or not we were successful as a team to solve a communal problem but it is whether or not we give our best towards achieving it as an effective member of the team / society.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 22, 2021 at 6:42 pm

Ghamidi sahab explains the Quran which tells us the purpose of life. We accept the Quran as word of God on the basis of evidence. Once we accept it as such then what it says must also be accepted.

With that said, the word ibadah has a broader meaning in this context. Please refer to the videos in the following discussion:

Discussion 32787

• ودود

Member November 23, 2021 at 3:28 am

Bro @faisalharoon

The reason for which I am sharing my “co-creation theory” here whenever I get a chance is that I’m looking for a good challenge as a feedback.

Will you please take out some time to decompose it and use deductive reasoning to find points that looks conflicting with Quran.

The premises of the theory are both from a layman’s observation of the universe and understanding of Quran but the last para is from Farahi school’s tabeer e deen which I believe is also fully aligned with Quran.

I will also appreciate it if you can invite some other critics to this discussion. thanks

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 23, 2021 at 6:49 am

As far as i have understood the word”Ibadah”means a feeling of humbleness or great humiliation in your heart and expression of that”Ibadah”we do through Namaz, Roza and so on.But that thing we get when we come in religion and Ghamidi sahab says that “hidayah”is in our nature. so then does it mean that we get the idea that our life has purpose by only through religion not on only logical basis? Because especially today the philosophies like nihilism are getting much attention.

• Umer

Moderator November 24, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Hidayah is in our nature but it manifests itself after going through a process of logial reasoning, please see for details:

Discussion 1630

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register