Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is The Covering Of Shoulders Is A Must To Offer Namaz?

Tagged: ,

• Is The Covering Of Shoulders Is A Must To Offer Namaz?

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 25, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Please see for details:

Discussion 31359

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 6, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Asalamualaikum Mr. Umer Qureshi,

I was going to reply on the other thread, but I noticed that it’s now closed. So, based on your explanation and what Ghamidi Sahab says in the two-minute clip, every individual should wear decent clothing when offering salah, while covering the minimum amount of their body that is necessary? And I believe Ghamidi Sahab holds this to navel to the knee, although I haven’t watched the 23 questions series on pardah in full to be honest?

I often wear t-shirts while praying and find them to be perfectly decent. I can’t say for sure that the entirety of the shoulder (above the bicep) is covered every time, but for the most part I’d say so. Maybe when in sajdah it may rise higher up the shoulder. But my understanding here is that covering the shoulder isn’t a requirement anyway since it is not included in navel to knee and as per my honest judgement, a t-shirt is decent clothing. Is this correct?

JazakAllah

• Umer

Moderator January 6, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Your understanding is correct Haseeb Sahab. There’s nothing wrong in praying in a decent T-shirt.

As a side note that in matters of etiquettes, one shoould strive for more and more decency after achieving the minimum required criteria.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 7, 2022 at 1:35 pm

JazakAllah! Okay, I will keep the point about striving for greater decency in mind.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register