Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Ruling On Wearing A Necklace And Covering Women's Head

Tagged: , ,

• Ruling On Wearing A Necklace And Covering Women's Head

Posted by Habiba Zafar on December 7, 2021 at 8:38 am

AOA

I live in islamabad pakistan…i am listening to ghamidhi uncles seeies of “replying to 23 questions” and i am on the topic of veil….

I am a hijabi.i have a question that am i allowed to wear necklace and hijab at the same time as its a trend on youtube and i see alot of girls wearing a loose hijab on head and wearing a necklace at the same time without covering it…please do clear me…JazakAllahu khair

Umer replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Ruling On Wearing A Necklace And Covering Women's Head

Umer updated 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 7, 2021 at 2:23 pm

As per Quran, Surah Nur, when a woman is wearing any embellishment (e.g. Necklace) on her chest area or neck line, she’s required to cover that embellishment with a scarf or anyother clothing which covers it, when she has to go out in front of Na-Mehram people.

• Habiba Zafar

Member December 7, 2021 at 2:33 pm

JazakAllahu Khair brother!

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member September 2, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Assalamualaikum

From 32.42 till 32.48

Except hands, feet and face, you have to cover the adornments. So would earrings be covered or will be considered as a part of the face?

And also for the hairband which one may use in need?

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member September 4, 2022 at 4:01 pm

Still didn’t get an exact answer on earrings, tgat if ears are parts of face or not? But about embellishing the hair with material jewellery, Ghamidi sahab had an opinion of hiding them. But if we see then didn’t the hukam start from protecting your private parts. And in that sense, nacklace is understandable but hairs etc, how?

• Umer

Moderator September 6, 2022 at 12:49 am

Earrings are usually exposed and may stay exposed. Even a head zeenat if culturally stay exposed, it can stay exposed.

Ghamidi Shaab has expressed his opinion in this regard but has also admitted that there is room for a second opinion as far as covering of head zeenat is concerned. Please see:

Discussion 73720 • Reply 73773

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register