Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Participating In Religious Festivals Of Other Religions

• Participating In Religious Festivals Of Other Religions

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 13, 2021 at 6:40 pm

If your polytheist friend attends your Eid party would you automatically consider him a Muslim? Would he himself consider himself a Muslim? Would the society consider him a Muslim? In my experience that’s never the case. Also in my experience Christmas parties are generally just joyous occasions often attended by people of different religions without any implicit or explicit acceptance of Jesus as the son of God.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 15, 2021 at 1:52 pm

No not that,but we practically are doing like that we don’t have any problem with it.But Islam and automatically we Muslims have a big and the biggest problem with polytheism.Which Quran condemns in such harsh words.So by saying like merry Christmas or be a part of celebrations, aren’t we practically showing ourselves unproblematic with this polytheistic belief?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 15, 2021 at 3:12 pm

No.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 16, 2021 at 5:24 am

How?

• Umer

Moderator December 16, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Ghamidi Sahab has addressed this point in the following response:

Discussion 38732 • Reply 39066

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 18, 2021 at 6:27 am

No my argument is practical consent. Because they don’t know what’s in your heart they will only see what you are practically doing.So if for example eid milad ul Nabi SAW,if we take that as a bid’at,but if i will be a part of that celebration practically (but in my heart i take it as an innovation in Islam(bid’at)) but practically i am with so practically i am giving consent that this is a good thing and i am with you in that and it is not bid’at.

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Celebrating birthday, whether it be of any Prophet or any other person for that matter is not a Bidah and has nothing to do with religion.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 19, 2021 at 11:01 am

But in that area we know that they celebrate as a part of religion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register