Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Taking Law In Your Own Hands In The Light Of Narration In Seerat Ibn Hasham

Tagged: , ,

• Taking Law In Your Own Hands In The Light Of Narration In Seerat Ibn Hasham

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator December 16, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Ahadith and/or separate incidents and individual reports are not a source of any law because of certain inherent limitations with their nature of transmission, they are to be understood in the light of Quran and Sunnah.

– Following points might help you understand a bit about the Hadith Science:

Discussion 32850 • Reply 32869

– To understand Hadith as a Source of Islamic Epistemology, please see:

Discussion 21789 • Reply 21983 (although the whole thread is helpful)

– To understand the Hadith Compilation and Collection, please see:

Discussion 50996

And in comparison, the narrations transmitted through Seerah Books require even more intensive scrutiny as compared to narrations transmitted in Saha-Sitta, as they lack even the basic controls put in pace by Muhaddeseen for authenticity of a narration, especially when a narration involves an ethical problem which goes against Quran and Sunnah. That is why Historical Narrations are divided in two distinct categories i) the ones transmitted as established history, and ii) the ones transmitted through akhbar-i-ahad

For fruther details on historical narrations, please refer to the video below:

Having said that, there were a few of such incidents reported in History where it appears that some people were killed by Muslims by taking law in their own hand, however, this is not the case. When seen in the light of Quran, there was a stage in Prophet’s (Sws) Dawah, where after itmam-e-hujjah on people of the book, their blood was declared Mubah, and some of those narrations were miscontrued by traditional scholars as punishment of Blasphemy. Those narrations and the concept itself has been discussed at length in the following lectures, please do watch them (all the three parts):

Discussion 1278 • Reply 28106

https://youtu.be/XnTZRu3i0Dw?si=pGh11YsGf3agag7q

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register