Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Quran For Barkat And For Esale Sawab

• Quran For Barkat And For Esale Sawab

Posted by Daniyaa Khan on December 20, 2021 at 2:29 pm

What is the difference between reciting Quran for Barkat and for Esale Sawal. Are both are bidat? Some scholars says Quran reciting for Barkat is not bidat it lies in the category of Dawa its not bidat and Reciting Quran for Esale Sawab is Bidat because it lies in the category of ibadat which need proof. Also In the response of a Question (Can we recite some surah like surah maryam in cancer) Sir Javed Ghamidi said yes you can recite Quran if you feel and experienced that Reciting this cures me you can recite it. Isn’t it bidat? Is Quran khawani just for barkat in home or business and Quran khawani For esale Sawab same?

Daniyaa Khan replied 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Quran For Barkat And For Esale Sawab

Daniyaa Khan updated 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 21, 2021 at 10:22 am
  • Daniyaa Khan

Member December 21, 2021 at 2:49 pm

About Esale Sawab I’ve heard that It’s bidat but my question was not regarding just esale sawab I want to know about Reciting Quran just for Barkat like we do on daily basis So If we Do Quran Khawani for Barkat just reciting not for esale sawab for deceased so is it bidat? just like if someone gets sick he recites some Portion of Quran and that Kind of acts are those bidat because we are not doing it in the sense of ibaddat.

And the referred link above Sir Javed Ghamidi said If you offered prayers, fasting etc if its Sawab not going to deceased whatever so you will get the sawab so continue doing it who stops you. What he wants to says Isn’t it Bidat doing this for esale sawab just like recite Quran with neyat of esale Sawab.

1:16 to 1:17 something

Please explain thoroughly.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 22, 2021 at 1:09 am

Reciting Quran for Barakat or Isaal Sawab has no basis in the religion. this are self conceived ideas.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 22, 2021 at 12:07 pm

1-It does not make sense sir

2-what about Sir Javed Ghamidi’s response in above video.

It’s not satisfactory answer.

If anyone could give clear and explained answer it would be very helpful

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2021 at 1:14 pm

In principle, the Quran is a book of guidance that we’re supposed to read, contemplate upon, understand, and adapt to.

Quran 2:185

Translation by Asad

It was the month of Ramadan in which the Qur’an was [first] bestowed from on high as a guidance unto man and a self-evident proof of that guidance, and as the standard by which to discern the true from the false…

However, reciting the Quran also has some intangible benefits. For example, since it reminds us of our Creator, we find peace in reading it (Quran 13:28). Generally such benefits are termed as ‘barakah’ or blessings. There’s nothing wrong with someone reciting the Quran for such blessings keeping in mind that the main purpose of the Quran is to guide us.

On an individual basis if someone wants to do a good deed with an intention that it would benefit a deceases loved one, they can do that, however, as Ghamidi sahab explained in the video, God will still deal with that person according to His laws. This is the same principle when we make a dua in favor of a deceased loved one. It will be accepted if God finds any room for it in dealing with that person according to His laws. Even if they don’t benefit from our good deed or dua, it will still benefit our own selves.

The way that esal-e-sawab is generally conducted in our society where a lot of people gather up, many of whom don’t even know the deceased, and recite the Quran for his benefit is an innovation or bidah. There’s no precedence for such an act by Prophet Muhammad SAW or His sahaba. Since this is an unsubstantiated practice that is considered to be a part of religion, therefore we should abstain from it all costs.

I hope that this helps.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 22, 2021 at 1:57 pm

It’s really helpful Sir

Jazak Allah

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 22, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Just One last thing You are mentioning Quran Khawani for Barkat right not just individually That was base of my Question? I’ve Understand the answer just want to make sure. Like if we some women sit togather and recite Quran or Tasbeeh or Darood Pak Not for Esale Sawab just For Barkah keeping in mind that Quran is for Our Guidance. It’s okay but gathering with intention of Esale sawab is bidat. This is what I get right?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 22, 2021 at 2:52 pm

If some women want to sit together, the best would be that you try to read and understand the Quran. Or perhaps you can listen to the recitation of the Quran together. I’m not sure what’s the point in individually reading the Quran while sitting together.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 22, 2021 at 2:59 pm

No sir I’m asking because in our society female prefer more to just sit together and recite Quran or tasbeh not for esale sawab so I also want to read Quran with them I heard Other scholars they said Its totally fine to sit togather to recite Quran for barkah but not for Esale sawab but I want to make sure Sir Javed Ghamidi’s view on it that’s why I asked here Because I also personally don’t find anything wrong in it Just. Because neighbors come to home to ask to come in their homes for Quran Khawani not for esale Sawab just for feeling good taking blessings. How I can deny Everytime to go their other than that There is nothing wrong That’s the whole scenario that’s why I’m asking regarding sitting together

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 22, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Jazak Allah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register