Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Embellishments Of Hand And Wrist, Wuzu On Jewelry And Removing Jewelry For Salah

• Embellishments Of Hand And Wrist, Wuzu On Jewelry And Removing Jewelry For Salah

Posted by Habiba Zafar on December 25, 2021 at 7:54 pm

Assalam O Alaikum

Somedays ago i asked a question and i got an answer from ghamidhi team…I request to clarify me a little further…do i need to cover my hand and wrist while wearing jewelery (wore on fingers and wrist) as shown in the figure in front of non mehrams…?

And my second question is that do i have to take off my jewelery such as necklace or rings during wazu so that water reaches my skin surface as tight jewelery like rings and chains creates a barrier between water and skin…?

My last question is that

1) do i have to take off my jewelery while offering salah??like as i mentioned jewelery in the fingers and wrist???

2) do i have to take off the jewlery during salah which produces some sort of soung for example glass bangles…knowing that this sound does not disturb me and divert my intention during salah…?

I had these questions as i know that we have to perform some extra actions( like covering our hair ) during salah so maybe jewlery also needed to be removed ….

I humbly request to answer my questions in detail so that my doubts get clear…I trust ghamidhi uncle and I’m really thankful to Allah that he made me reach ghamidhi uncle’s organization while i was soo confused ….

JazakAllahu Khair brother!

Habiba Zafar replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Embellishments Of Hand And Wrist, Wuzu On Jewelry And Removing Jewelry For Salah

Habiba Zafar updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 26, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Regarding Jewelry on Hands and Wrists:

No, you’re not required to cover your jewellery that is worn on places that are open naturally i.e. hands/wrists, feet and face.

Regarding Wuzu over jewelry:

You are required to do Wuzu on what is apparent (Zahir) and on what you normally wear. It is not a requirement for the water to reach every pore of your skin. Therefore, you’re under no obligation to remove your jewelry. However, if you remove your jewelry and then perform Wuzu for your own satisfaction, that is fine too.

Please refer to the following response by Hassan ilyas Sahab to understand the principle:

Discussion 38681 • Reply 39012

Regarding Taking off Jewelry during Salah:

There is no such requirement to take off your jewelry during Salah, whether or not it’s producing some sound. However, one should make sure to avoid any distractions during Salah.

• Umer

Moderator December 26, 2021 at 3:57 pm

In future, please post multiple questions separately (as separate questions) if they do not directly relate with one another. It helps with proper tagging and categorization of the questions. Thanks.

• Habiba Zafar

Member December 26, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Thank you sooo much brother

May Allah bless you all…JazakAllahu Khair

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register