• Health Importance In Quran

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 11:42 am

Please see:

Discussion 62102

• Haris Virk

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 11:53 am

We know that one of the names of God is “the Healer” (al-Shafí). The Quran quotes Prophet Abraham as saying: “Lord of the worlds, Who has created me; then it is He who guides me. And who makes me eat and drink. And when I get sick, it is He who cures me.” (26:78-80).

At other instances, the Quran says:

“We have bestowed honour on the progeny of Adam and provided them with transport in the land and sea and have given them sustenance of pure things and given them prominent superiority over many creatures of Ours.” (17:70).

And [are those] who do not call any other deity besides God, do not kill any soul held sacred by God…” (25:68)

The philosophical importance of life and health is quite apparent. Life is a gift of God and has great sanctity. It follows from this that we should consider health as a great blessing, take care of ourselves and pray to Allah for good health.

As for any specific instructions about health, that’s not the domain of Islam (as already stated by Faisal sahab in Discussion 62102). For that, we should consult experts in the fields of medicine and healthcare.

• Shamir

Member January 7, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Actually I am not understanding, how can I contact Sir Javed Ghamidi? Because I have some questions that are really disturbing me. And I think I can understand well through him.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 11:26 pm

You can register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event for a chance to directly pose your question to Ghamidi sahab:

Discussion 62251

• Shamir

Member January 7, 2022 at 11:35 pm

Thanks sir I have registered in event.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 2, 2022 at 11:22 am

Please watch the following video from 00:37:55 till the end:

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register