Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Jewellery On Wrist And Ankles To Be Exposed Or Not In Public?

Tagged: , ,

• Jewellery On Wrist And Ankles To Be Exposed Or Not In Public?

Posted by Habiba Zafar on January 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm

Assalam O Alaikum…face,hands and feet aur usually apparent body parts of women …If they wear makeup or any sort of jewellery on these parts she is not obliged to hide it or cover it when going in public(infront of non mehrams)….are wrists and ankles also included in this wrist?…can a women expose jewellery wore on wrists and ankles?…. the jewellery on wrist(bracelet,bangles etc) can be hidden by wearing long sleves which cover the wrist and jewellery on ankles(anklets) can also be hidden by wearing long trousers…so what ruling would be applied here?…should we hide it infront of non mehrams or expose it…? I asked a similar question before but again got confused that it could easily be hidden by wearing long sleves and long trousers….

Habiba Zafar replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jewellery On Wrist And Ankles To Be Exposed Or Not In Public?

Habiba Zafar updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2022 at 6:59 pm
  • Habiba Zafar

Member January 30, 2022 at 4:00 pm

Assalam O Alaikum brother….I know asked a similar question before…the reason I asked this question is that…will we consider wrist and ankles the “usually apparent” body oarts as we consider face hands and feet usually apparent?

JazakAllahu Khair!

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 30, 2022 at 4:13 pm

I have heard that women have to compulsory cover their wrists and ankles when offering salah…do we do it as a manner or is it compulsory for a women to cover wrists and ankles even when she is not offering salah…?

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 30, 2022 at 4:27 pm

Sorry to bother you people about the same topic again and again but I am very confused….JazakAllahu Khair for guiding me!!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 30, 2022 at 5:58 pm

No problem.

The application of this injunction can vary according to the norms of the society. If wrists and ankles are normally exposed in a particular society then there’s no specific injunction that requires one to cover them. However, if in a particular society they’re normally covered then one should not go out of the way to expose them. Since religion is for all times and every society, the application can vary accordingly. In order to avoid confusion if one wants to cover them regardless then that’s perfectly fine.

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 30, 2022 at 7:21 pm

JazakAllahu Khair brother!!!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register