Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Taking Benefit From Sufism Without Falling To Deep Into It

Tagged: ,

• Taking Benefit From Sufism Without Falling To Deep Into It

Posted by Jazeb Tariq on February 1, 2022 at 1:05 pm

Aslamu Alaikum,

I have watched as many videos as I could possibly find of Ghamidi Sahab on youtube about Sufism. Ghamidi Sahab admitted in one of his interviews that Sufi ideas do have some truth and benefits even though it is a different Nizam-e-fikar. He also stated that he wanted to establish a Hankah since he thinks it is beneficial for adults. My question is how can we practice Sufism without diving too deep into it to the point that it takes us away from Islam? Where should we draw the line?

For example, we all learn science even though a lot of scientists are atheists. We take benefit from their fact and ignore their errors. The lines between Sufism and Islam are very blurry and since Ghamidi seems to be the only person I have come across that has had proper experience of Sufism and rejected it, where did he draw the line? If anyone has a link or discussion forum they can send I would appreciate it. If not, I would really really appreciate if Ghamidi Sahab can record a detailed video regarding this as other videos are very scattered and leave a lot of questions. Given the pandemic of Depression and Mental health disorder a lot of people are turning to Spiritualism and I feel like Ghamidi Sahab is one of the those people that has the expertise to guide people in terms of better understanding the distinction between Islam and Sufism.

Sorry for the long message. Please let me know.

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Taking Benefit From Sufism Without Falling To Deep Into It

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 1, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Please refer to the following video from 44:56 to 48:18:

Q. To what extent can one follow Tasawwuf (Sufism) while staying within the limits of Shariah?

Discussion 43230 • Reply 45944

• Jazeb Tariq

Member February 5, 2022 at 7:50 am

Thank you for your help. My question is the Sufis that are claiming to have these experiences, (for lack of better terms) are they lying, hallucinating or just delusional?

And if they are doing any of the above then how come most of these people actually have good character?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 5, 2022 at 11:43 am

According to Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct only one objective question per post is allowed. You’re free to create as many posts as you like, and you can also ask further questions on a post for clarification of the original question.

With that said, please refer to the following post for your second question:

Discussion 41116

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register