Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Multiple Times Talaq

Tagged: 

• Multiple Times Talaq

Posted by Afshan on February 8, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Assalam Elakum, My name is Af Tan. I would like to request to keep my name secret when posting answer to online forums.

I got married 8 years ago. During the first year after my marriage my husband had a fight and angrily and loudly gave me divorce by saying ‘I divorced you’ but said this only one time. My husband’s parents got involved and helped us to Rujooh the same night and we slept.

After a few months we had another fight and he angrily gave me divorce by saying ‘I divorced you’ and said this again, I cried and did Rujooh same night and we slept.

After 2 years of my marriage we had many fights after that and each time he angrily gave me divorce by saying this word ‘I divorced you’ only once on 4 different occasions but each time I always cried, touched his foot and Rujooh on the same night. So he divorced me a total six times but only used the word ‘I divorced you’ one time on every occasion.

Me and my husband always thought that after saying ‘I divorced you’ just one time and if we do Rujooh the same night does not divorce us and there is no limit if you do Rujooh on the same night.

I have 2 questions which I need answered.

1. I have 2 sons and I am living with my husband and we are still living like husband/wife. I want to know that my husband divorced me 6 times (each time one only ‘I divorced you’ only once):

Did my divorced has already happen or not? Are we living wrong (haram) with each other? I am very much disturbed.

2). My husband is saying everywhere that he has divorced only 2 times. He doesn’t want to agree on 6 times. I remind him of all the incidents but he doesn’t want to agree. I wanted to know if he kept insisting that he divorced only 2 times using the word ‘I divorced you’ then can I live with him so Sin is not on me?

I would really appreciate a quick response because I am living in big trouble if I am doing Sin everyday.

Thank you.

Af T

ABDULLAH Malik replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register