Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How Much Of The Quran Is Specific Vs. Generalized?

Tagged: ,

• How Much Of The Quran Is Specific Vs. Generalized?

Posted by Jazeb Tariq on February 10, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Aslamu Alaikum,

I have just finished watched the 9 videos series of Ghamidi Sahab’s Introduction to the Quran. I am currently reading a basic English translation of the Quran, one question I had is that there are some verses in the Quran that seem very generalized and seem to be giving us a general lesson about life. My question is how do we know which verses are generalized vs. specific to the time of revelation? Thank you for your help in advance.

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • How Much Of The Quran Is Specific Vs. Generalized?

Umer updated 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 10, 2022 at 8:30 pm

The tone and nature of the verse and injunctions itself tell that they are general or specific. for example to make some charity before consulting the prophet in private was of course a specific injunction, while other injunctions to prayer and the related matters are general as to worship God is supposed to be the obligation on all Muslims. also there is a specific matter in prayer too, that is, Quran says how to perform prayer during a battle and the prophet is there to lead a prayer. this was because the Muslims did not want to miss praying behind the prophet. such difficulty is not required when prophet is not around.

• Umer

Moderator February 11, 2022 at 4:50 am

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab for further details:

Discussion 46819 • Reply 46876

• Umer

Moderator February 11, 2022 at 4:52 am

Please also refer to the video below from 54:23 to 56:45

https://youtu.be/metib2bnRAI?t=3263

• Umer

Moderator March 17, 2022 at 4:33 am

Please also refer to the video below from 41:55 to 47:35

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register