Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Why To Strive In This World

• Why To Strive In This World

Posted by Sameer Namole on February 12, 2022 at 3:45 am

AoA

This is an important question for me.

As we focus on death, all pleasures of this world seems to be worthless in some sense.I am a student and I’m having financial independence too at very early age.I am a topper everywhere in my class and colleges.But all these comforts etc seems to be just some delusions.My question is to please give me some motivation why should I strive to progress and struggle for betterment of myself in this world.
    I’ve heard Ghamidi sahab’s views on this and if I have to summarize what he said in that video it will be this : ‘Those who have high ranks and good fortune, also have the most difficult test of the age.’
    I want to ask imagine If I struggle for my betterment and I get a good postion in this world where I will have difficult test and thus higher reward, If some else has got more better position and thus more severe test than mine as birth gift, what’s the reason left behind my struggle then.
    I mean someone else is having by birth advantage of both wordly status and if he uses it right, he will get very high rank in hereafter too..
    A prime example of what I can think of this is, imagine I get upto a corporate level in politics after so much tireless work, and someone else is a son of PM and he becomes PM by ease. He’ll have favors of both this world and hereafter if he uses his postion right..
    So please guide me in this regard and give me some motivation to strive for betterment of this world as I don’t crave or love this world anymore.
    And also tell me if this thought process is right or wrong.
    Asslam walaikum

Umer replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Why To Strive In This World

Umer updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 4:21 am

Hopefully following will be of some help:

Discussion 49888 • Reply 49937

Discussion 49888 • Reply 49938

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 4:21 am

• Sameer Namole

Member February 12, 2022 at 5:13 am

So sir this means if I just settle down here and don’t struggle, I won’t be accountable for my abilities.

And as Ghamidi sahab said if I strive to achieve higher places then I will be having high rewards too as a result of those tests.

My question is still intact.

Let me give you a hypothetical example.

Three persons are there.

ALL THREE OF THEM ARE OF SAME MORAL STANDARDS

One is by birth king and he’s morally well

One is born in jungle and he’s morally well

One is born in jungle but he strives so much and becomes a king afterwards in his life and he’s morally well too

Just because all of three of them were of same moral standards, all three of them will be same in eyes of Almighty and will they get same rewards ?

Or, Allah will value the efforts and struggles of third person someway because rest two of those three people settled down in their conditions.

In above video, from 6:50 to 7:55 Ghamidi sahab says the higher the test gets, the higher the reward will be.

So that’s why this question comes up.

A person has tough test by birth and so he have high reward and another person has to struggle so much to reach his level but still he fails.

WILL ALLAH VALUE OUR EFFORTS HERE WHICH WE DO TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR OURSELVES OR HE’LL GIVE RANKS IN JANNAH JUST BASED ON MORAL VALUES.

Hope I’ve explained and framed my question well.

Thank you

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 5:57 am

It is our moral stand during our test which plays a part in determining our ranks and the intesity of situation also plays a part in that.

For instance, the people who professed faith initially on the Prophet (sws) during his lifetime under great hardship were called ‘sabiqoon‘ and their ranks have been said to be the highest in Jannah. Therefore, the level of determination in a situation that one is faced with plays a pivitol role in determining one’s rank, the greater the hardship, the greater reward for holding onto higher moral standards.

Striving to become a king is one’s personal decision, but after that decision, if one is faced with high pressure situations and he decidied to stick to higher moral standards without any compromise on his part (since compromising in such situations is quite normal), then ofcourse his reward will be greater. This is what Ghamidi Sahab meant when he said that people with higher positions have more difficult test because of high number of compromising situations, and if they stick to the high moral ground in such pressing situations, then ofcourse just the way their test became intense, their reward will be higher too.

• Sameer Namole

Member February 12, 2022 at 6:16 am

Thank you so much sir.

Will you please elaborate high moral standards?

Is courage a moral too?

Struggling for better tomorrow instead for settling today is a moral too ?

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2022 at 6:30 am

Quran has summarized Fundamental Principle underlying morality:

إِنَّ اللّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاء ذِي الْقُرْبَى وَيَنْهَى عَنِ الْفَحْشَاء وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ

God enjoins you to justice, goodness and spending on the kindred, and forbids lewdness, evil and arrogance. He admonishes you so that you may take heed. (16:90)

You may want to refer to the following to understand morality and moral standards in detail:

Discussion 37156

– Showing courage to stick to justice and truth falls in morality.

– Sticking to truth, justice and being good to kindred while struggling for better tomorrow falls in morality.

The discussion "Why To Strive In This World" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now